“Beautiful items, a bit pricey”

If Only...a fine store
Ranked #9 of 21 Shopping in Fairbanks
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: <1 hour
Reviewed 13 April 2018

Wide range of quality items from different craftspeople. Most items are made by Alaskans, although there were books and stuffed animals made in China/Korea. They had the Alaskan theme, though! This is not a typical "souvenir" store but more of a "gift" store, if that makes sense. Items are grouped by maker, and include jewelry, wooden (birch) ornaments, etc.

Reviewed 2 August 2017 via mobile

This store has made in Alaska jewelry, pens, stationery, books, children's gifts, and my favorite, lightweight wooden boxes. Art plus the useful items. A must stop in downtown Fairbanks.

Reviewed 9 May 2017

My husband and I found If Only... while doing a little shopping in Fairbanks. There is quite an array of gift items that are very different from what is usually found - some nice art items, etc.
One of my favorite discoveries was a line of jewelry by designer Judie Gumm. She does lovely work evocative of Alaska's nature in silver in the lost wax method, and there were many earrings, pins, necklaces, etc from which to choose. On a return trip to the store I couldn't find earrings I had seen earlier, and the employee there told me of Judie Gumm's studio nearby in Ester, where I was able to make a wonderful choice.
The other gift items in If Only... would provide any shopper with ample opportunity to take unique items home as a remembrance of a trip to Fairbanks.
Some items were a bit pricey, but there was a range of nice things to buy.

1  Thank Micki M
Reviewed 28 September 2016

If Only... Funny name, serious gift shop! My husband and I checked out this store this summer and we were both impressed. I wasn't sure what to think when I saw the name, but this shop has excellent staff and an impressive variety of gift options. Although this is not the place to go if you're looking for inexpensive Alaskan souvenirs, it is an excellent choice for high-quality items. The only reason I'm not giving it 5 stars is that I felt the items were a little pricey, but I would definitely come back here again.

1  Thank Sarah V
See more reviews
Reviewed 16 September 2016

What a delight! What a range of goods! Art supplies, children’s books and gifts, men’s and women’s toiletries, arts and crafts produce, jewellery, leather goods and much more. Even if you only visit for a look, you will not be disappointed. Some truly delightful offerings available. With a warm, personable and helpful staff, a visit here is highly recommended.

2  Thank sinclaired