“Very satisfying”

Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Reservations
Dining options: Reservations
Reviewed 31 May 2021 via mobile

We tried McGrath’s for the first time and liked it a lot. Nothing real fancy, but better than a lot of the chain restaurants. Our server was great and attentive and the food was good. We tried their calamari, and my plank rockfish was very good. Servings were generous and well prepared. We would go back.

Date of visit: May 2021
Write a reviewReviews (97)

Reviewed 12 December 2019

I had eaten at McGrath's about a year ago and enjoyed the food and the atmosphere. A recent dinner experience was disappointing. The service was good, but the food in general was not. The crab stuffed mushrooms were not tasty nor appealing. The Seafood Astoria was really disappointing. It was visually unappealing and tasted like a seafood hash. It seemed overcooked and needed some distinct flavors, maybe some herbs or garlic. I probably won't return.

Date of visit: November 2019
Reviewed 30 September 2019

I bit shout out to the lovely waitress who serviced our lunch to us on Tuesday the 24th after a funeral. She was a real pro, and knew how to handle 30 hungry people. I wish she could have had some help with serving the food from at least the manager but she did well on her own. We unfortunately had family members who are totally clueless that it can take time to service 30 people and she got some complaints! I was mortified! The food was delicious as always! Good job!

Date of visit: September 2019
Reviewed 15 July 2019 via mobile

I was in Portland and wanted some good seafood. This place has fresh seafood all around. I went with the Wild Sockeye salmon and it was the best salmon I have ever had. The sides were really good too. It’s not far from Portland and totally worth it.

Date of visit: July 2019
2  Thank Jdharris717
Reviewed 9 February 2019

It was a series of "chance encounters" that lead us to Mc Grath's Fish House - fortunately for us. We loved the entire experience: the decore' is a bit "up north" with an open log frame design, the menu is extensive, the service was awesome AND the food was excellent. Ryan (our server) did a wonderful job taking care of us and gave us options on the menu which made our evening very special. Just a great experience.

Date of visit: February 2019