“Fresh, Good Value, Busy”
Review of Golden Corral

Golden Corral
Ranked #263 of 766 Restaurants in Vancouver
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

We passed the Golden Corral several times sincerity opened and noticed its parking lot was always packed. We planned on arriving before 4 PM (on a Tuesday) but instead got there about 4:30. The line wasn’t that long but got much longer. The staff were universally friendly and helpful, for example, the cashier told us they had steak cooked to order and shrimp; not sure I would have known otherwise.

One person was ahead of me in the steak line who wanted well-done. The server asked me, and when I replied “rare,” I immediately received an at least seven-ounce, inch-thick slice of perfectly grilled steak. The shrimp were prawns, fresh and hot. The other menu items were also fresh including lots of desserts.

I didn’t scope out the seating as in where did they put all the people parked outside? As others observed, the buffet flow bogs down where the cashier, entrance, exit, and buffet overlap. The customers I saw were polite and waited to squeeze through from one side of the buffet to the other.

One nearby table had a plate of uneaten steak and Brussels sprouts. Maybe someone’s eyes were bigger than their stomach. A sign says children under ten need an adult when making their food.

My advice to seniors is to go there between two and four weekdays for a bargain. However, the food is a good value at regular price though I would not wait an hour in line for it.

Reviewed 30 March 2018

Have had the pleasure of eating at the Golden Corral in Marysville many times and always look forward to going there. I was so happy to hear Golden Corral was in Vancouver. Our good friends, my wife and I visited there today. The Vancouver restaurant is nearly twice as big as Marysville and cater mainly in salads and breakfast, it seems. I'm old and a meat & spuds person. The meatloaf was some of the best I've had, the smoked chicken hind quarter was top notch, bourbon chicken fantastic, brussel sprouts to my liking (not crunchy), popcorn shrimp was pathetic (bits & pieces of 200+ to a lb.) and a lot of other items that I didn't recognize and there wasn't a name tag identifying what it was. The dessert part is about half the selection as Marysville but it was still good. Our 'waitress' was superb. Two old people with beverage & tax...$28.05

1  Thank Gary O
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Nice buffet style restaurant. The restaurant is only three weeks old. There is a very large selection of foods. The place can be loud but the food is worth it. Even with a large crowd it was easy to get our food.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

Odd setup-walk in get your drink, tray and pay. $15.99 for Sunday brunch. Too long of a line for omelette. The only logical food stations were dessert and salad bar. Other than that unclear where the lines ended and no logic to food organization. People just cut in for what they wanted. Some food descriptions were wrong-sign said catch of the day and under it serving a meat dish. Our server was good refilled soda & coffee and took our plates. People appeared to be taking new plates each time. Coffee was good. Steak and shrimp were good. Chocolate waterfall was cool. One complaint was that food was often empty-like eggs and french toast- because they were busy so you had to go back later or rest of food would get cold. I found that annoying. They had a decent salad bar and veggies if you are vegan. Inside area is small. I think they could have done the food areas a lot better. Country buffet is just as good. This place is new and that is why it is busy. It's really nothing that special.

Reviewed 5 March 2018

The parking lot was full and the line was out the door with a 20 minute wait. It was a chilly evening but stalwart patrons endured. We had recommendations from family connections in the Kansas City area with a a trusted avid fan. Mind you, it was as busy as any eatery I have been to and the staff dealt reasonably well with the onslaught. A lady in the table behind us had problems with her prime rib and they brought the head guy out to respond to the problem. Bottom line? For a buffet the the food, freshness and flavors may surpass most and remind me of the upstanding Vegas venues.