“High tea in a former pharmacy”
Review of Gryphon Tea Room

Gryphon Tea Room
Ranked #15 of 908 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Neighborhood: Downtown
Description: Intimate, elegant and gracious, Gryphon is located at Bull and Charlton in the ornate 1926 Scottish Rite building. The alluring cafe menu offers signature favorites and fresh, seasonal offerings of rich, organic ingredients from local sources. Gryphon is the premier cafe of the Savannah College of Art and Design, and some SCAD students work in the cafe and carry on the renowned tradition of Savannah hospitality.
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

This room is beautiful. With the music playing in the background and the high tea, it's a wonderful experience. Great ambiance.

1  Thank Holly H

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Very nice decor and atmosphere. Good food (especially the chick and spinach crepes). We were seated quickly and waited upon promptly. It was a good stop after church.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

I stopped in for a lemonade but will come back for tea service. It’s in a former pharmacy from the 19th century. Students of SCAD are the waitstaff. My waitress gave me a brief history of the room which is beautiful and interesting. Highly recommend. I’m glad I stumbled in.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

A lovely space, and wonderful staff! We enjoyed our Sunday Brunch! I enjoyed the history lesson offered on the building and room as well.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

It was for me the first time I tried afternoon tea. It was a great experience and also not expensive. We paid 20$ per person and you get a three-tiered tray with scones, sandwiches and sweets. It was very good.
It is a very nice place which used to be an old pharmacy. The place looks great.
We came on Saturday at 3 pm, waiting time for get a table was about 45 minutes.

1  Thank OksiDdov