Telfair Museums Jepson Center

from US$20.00
More Info
from US$20.00
More Info
All reviews modern art bird girl statue owens thomas house interactive exhibits rodin exhibit children's area moshe safdie permanent collection virtual reality museum store art pieces beautiful museum great exhibits midnight in the garden on display rainy day local artists
Reviewed 16 March 2018

Bought the ticket to visit the Telfair Museums and Jepson Center. Thought that the guided tour of the Owens Thomas House was a (5), the Telfair Museum a (4) and the Jepson Center a (3). All were unique and worth visiting. We thought the art works at Telfair we’re much better than what we expected. Spent a hour going through the various rooms. Loved the Owens Thomas House tour which I reviewed separately. The Jepson Center was interesting and had some interactive exhibits that would have been nice to explore but were occupied by children who were having a great time with them. A lot of creative arts are taking place in Savannah which is especially appealing to to the younger generations. Nice to get them involved in art. Thought our tour of all three museums gave us a great perspective of what is happening and has happened in the South.

Reviewed 15 March 2018 via mobile

The architecture is stunning and we enjoyed all the interesting exhibitions. Not a large museum but a highlight of our trip to Savannah.

Date of experience: March 2018
Mary T, Manager at Telfair Museums Jepson Center, responded to this reviewResponded 16 March 2018

Thanks for your comment, we are glad that the Jepson Center was a highlight for you! We hope you were also able to enjoy the Owens-Thomas House and Telfair Academy; all three are included in the one admission price.

Reviewed 6 March 2018

The Bonaventure exhibit was very well done and I was really pleased to see the Bird Girl statue. It is a very compelling statue and they have it well placed to see the workmanship.

1  Thank trvladdict
Reviewed 28 February 2018

Telfair has 3 buildings, covered by 1 admission which is good for 1 week. I got to see Jepson and the Academy. Each building is fairly small for a museum, but they are interesting. Jepson is modern and has interesting exhibits. I was able to see everything in under an hour. Academy took about 30 minutes.

Date of experience: February 2018
Reviewed 21 February 2018 via mobile

It’s a few years since I’ve visited Savannah and remembered enjoying my visit to the Jepson Center. This time I was underwhelmed and disappointed. The building is imaginative and full of light but I felt there just wasn’t enough art to see this time and to justify the admission, even as part of the three museum $20 package. One of the galleries was closed for a rehanging ( fair enough, this can happen at any gallery) but the sculpture terrace was also closed, no notice of explanation just a padlocked door. I remember the cafe was very good but this apparently closed a year ago, although it still appears on some of the signage in the Center. The space that this used to occupy seems to me to be now underused. In fact, that’s my impression of the space as a whole, it’s a great building not used to its potential. Sorry.

Date of experience: February 2018