“Love Love Love!”
Review of Alligator Soul

Alligator Soul
Reserve with OpenTable
Alligator Soul is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 921 Restaurants in Savannah
Price range: US$26 - US$88
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Downtown
Cross street: Broughton/State
Transit: There is bus transportation within and without the city limits and the guest would need to contact the City of Savannah for bus routes and schedules.
Description: Alligator Soul is the answer to the question, “Where is the best place to dine while in Savannah?” Located in Savannah’s Downtown District, on historic Telfair Square, Alligator Soul is an upscale, yet unpretentious, restaurant that is decidedly unique among fine dining in Savannah. Whether a longtime resident or first time visitor to Savannah, we offer you and your guests uncompromising quality in food, service and hospitality. Enjoy the distinctive Southern ambiance and regional cuisine with a French-Creole flair while dining below ground in the Colonial cellars. Alligator Soul is known for eclectic Southern dining with a seasonal menu that utilizes farm-fresh ingredients, local day boat fish and grass fed meat. Your full service experience begins with fresh cocktails and continues through the evening with in house made desserts. From all of us at Alligator Soul, we look forward to treating you as our honored guest from the moment you walk in the door to the moment you leave.
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Classic dishes with a fine dining twist. Food and service was impeccable! I will be coming back every time I visit Savannah.

Write a ReviewReviews (1,695)

Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Not just a fancy tourist attraction! This place has real food which a drink and wine menu to die for. You could also tell that our waiter was very passionate about his job with how knowledgeable and friendly he was. Very delish!

Reviewed 31 March 2018

One of the most frustrating experience I’ve had at a restaurant. I truly loved every morsel I ate. Also, the service was excellent. The atmosphere charming. And yet I must temper my assessment because of the sheer quantity of things that were unavailable.

Shortly after being seated, we were informed, that they had run out of shrimp. How a Savannah restaurant runs out of shrimp I have no idea. We ordered a bottle of wine and soon were told that the Riesling we wanted was not chilled so they substituted another bottle. My husband and I loved what we ate and then looked forward to dessert. Earlier we were excited to try a cheesecake based on how another waiter heralded it as their best dessert. Alas, that was now unavailable. As was a tasty-looking offering of banana beignets. This was by far our most expensive meal on this vacation. And while I can’t quibble with the quality of the food we actually ate, I can’t help but wonder how such an establishment could run out of so much.

2  Thank TheatreMan64
Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Second time eating here and it's very good. Our waitress was knowledgeable and helpful. My wife and I both had the "Hilbro" ribeye and a side of the "mushroom salad"... paired with a bottle of the Frog's Leap carbernet that was really awesome! We would highly recommend this restaurant.

Reviewed 30 March 2018 via mobile

We had researched a few restaurants while planning our trip to Savannah and the menu here was exactly what we were looking for.
The ambiance is cozy as it’s in an basement area and nicely finished. Our waiter Michael was exceptional.
They also had a special on Caymus cab at $22/glass which was a pleasant surprise.

-started with their oyster specialty :Oyster a la Soul. Outstanding-a must have. Also a small salad with their special Parmesan croutons. Funny to say but best croutons ever.

-entrees we ordered were the Gumbo and Shrimp and Grits. The gumbo was great-lots to it and the roux was nice and dark. The shrimp and grits was disappointing. Was served warm-not really hot and was just “ok”

-for dessert Michael told us about the banana beignets-which was delicious. Reminded me a little of bananas foster.

We’ll go back at some point-

1  Thank pacolsu