“Boleto más sabroso!”

Rancho Alegre Cuban Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Rancho Alegre Cuban Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #101 of 921 Restaurants in Savannah
Cuisines: Cuban, Latin, Spanish
Good for: Families with children, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Dinner, Lunch, Reservations, Takeout
Description: If you are a Cuban food fan, this is a great destination. Interesting variety, including Great choices, but the true Cuban dishes are wonderful. Don't miss the flan, the BEST I have ever eaten!and Paella to die for!!!
Reviewed 31 January 2018

“Rancho Alegre” translates to “cheerful ranch”, a modest description of this delightful Cuban restaurant just a pedicab’s ride from Savannah’s riverfront historical district where my bride and I found ourselves on the first night of a birthday celebration. Warmly greeted by our vivacious server Patricia, we were quickly acquainted with two tall glasses of red Torre de Oña Reserva (a blend of Tempranillo (95%) and a small amount of Mazuelo (5%)) that quickly complimented our perusal of the colorful, yet classic décor. At Patricia’s suggestion, we began the meal with appetizers of Chicharritas and Yucca Frita before digging into a main course of tender Ropa Vieja and succulent plate of Masas de Cerdo Fritas. And what better desert than a slice of Tres leches sponge (birthday) cake from a family recipe? If you’re seeking great Cuban cuisine in the “ciudad de fantasmas”, this is your “boleto más sabroso”!!

Reviewed 26 January 2018

Was a really fun place. Food was good and well priced, the atmosphere
was fun, they had a band playing and the servers were very good and attentive.
My only complaint was when I got my credit card statement, I had left an 18% tip for a table of 4, two adults two kids and they changed it to a 22% tip! I believe my tip was fair and for them to go and change it is really not acceptable. Will think twice before we go back, or will bring cash next time!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

Rancho Allegre is a super fun atmosphere with a huge bar and lots of drink options. The food is good and reasonably priced. If you can, go when there's live music which I think they do every weekend. It's just a great place and with a lot of overpriced options in Savannah, this place is definitely a stand out.

Reviewed 17 January 2018 via mobile

As a native Cuban I was looking forward to visiting this restaurant during our week in Savannah. The bread they served was very good as was the mojito and the Materva (my favorite Cuban soft drink). I ordered the mixed plate and my wife the Cuban sandwich. In the mixed plate the Lechon and the chicken were excellent and I would certainly order either of those as an individual entree. I did not like the ropa vieja. Among the sides, the black beans were excellent, the sweet plantains were very good, the yellow rice I did not like (order white rice instead). The Cuban sandwich was ok to good. We also ordered a side of fried yuca which was very good. Service was good. I would go back and order either the lechon or the chicken with white rice, black beans, sweet plantains and fried Yuca.

Reviewed 16 January 2018 via mobile

Well ..this restaurant is a great find ..very authentic flavorful dishes..friendly staff …comfortable simple setting.
Roast chicken or Pollo Asado with plantains,yellow rice and black bean..delicious.
Broiled Grouper perfectly prepared with Latin fresh flavors..
Coconut Flan..yummy!

And the Staff..friendly and attentive..!
Go..have dinner.……and don’t forget the red sangria.