3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Expedia.comUS$151
SpringHill SuitesUS$151
PricelineUS$151
Hotels.comUS$151
FindHotelUS$151
Orbitz.comUS$151
1,384 results
All reviews valet parking toilet and sink great location historic district front desk city market within walking distance shower area desk area free breakfast sitting area per day river street yogurt valet staff walked everywhere forsyth park
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Nice place to stay.

We stayed 3nights Mid May.

Able to walk to most areas of the historical parts of town. A long walk to Forsyth Park but doable if you take your time.

Plenty of places to eat nearby; within a few blocks.

Breakfast was good. Hot breakfast each day.

Valet parking.($30 per day)

Parked car on first day and walked the next 3 days to all areas.

AC unit in room did not work properly, I did not complain, so can't say if it would have been fixed had I complained.

Date of stay: May 2021
Leonard Massey, Owner at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Dear Dale E:

Thank you for posting this review. We really appreciate your support! Thank you for recognizing our team and for giving us the opportunity to serve you.

Warmest regards,

Leonard Massey

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

I booked this hotel for the proximity to City Market. I work for a hospitality company and was able to book under Friends & Family. It was a small discount but appreciated. I have stayed in many Marriott properties and was shocked that this property was allowed to get in such a state. First the positives, it is very close to Market Street and makes everything walkable. I only took my car out once and that was to get to Bonaventure Cemetery. The bummer was that I paid for valet parking at $30/night and there was public parking right next door. My mistake. I found the employees, for the most part friendly and the beds comfortable and clean. According to the hotel, due to Covid they were not offering maid service and we were fine with that. However, on day two I requested clean towels 3 times and on the fourth time I went to the front desk at 11pm to literally beg for them. She was completely unconcerned. The hotel is dirty. One factor of booking there was the pool. According to the website heated pool. Well the hot tub was covered in nasty tarp and the pool was dirty and not heated. It was just where the smokers hung out. The free breakfast is not terrible but we only ate there the first morning. Better options in walking distance. They were charging over $500 for Saturday night and this hotel does not come close to deserving that. I found both the lady and gentleman at the concierge desk to be very friendly and helpful. The worst people in the hotel were at the front desk. I would not recommend this hotel as there are far better options just a block or two away.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

The location is pretty perfect, within short walking distance to most everything you would want to see and do. However, I called the hotel 2 days before we booked and checked in to see if the pool and hot tub were available for use and was told yes, which was the main reason we booked here. When we got there, the hot tub had no water, was completely tarped over, and had a sign closed for maintenance. We were told it had been that way for a while so whoever we asked 2 days before didn’t even know or bother to check their own amenities, which we found was kind of par for the course here. Staff seemed very disinterested in helping with information or anything else. Also, the pool was absolutely filthy, no filter running and all kinds of crap floating all over in it. There was no way we were getting in it in that condition. We were scheduled to stay for 8 days but left to go to the Embassy Suites down the street after 2 days.

Date of stay: May 2021
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 5 weeks ago

Oh boy, where to start. We have stayed at numerous Springhill Suites in the past, and this property is BY FAR substandard compared to the others we've seen. I thought that perhaps it was because of the year of Covid, and resulting lack of business/income, but then I looked at reviews from before 2020. They tell the same story of uncleanliness and deferred maintenence that I'm about to tell, so Covid is not to blame.

First disappointment - the pool and hot tub. The pool area had a neglected feel to it....in large part because of the blue tarp covering the hot tub. The deck was dirty, the tables/chairs were dirty, and the pool was, you guessed it, dirty. No need for us to unpack our swimsuits. We also noticed that the inspection sticker for the pool was expired by several months.

Speaking of expired inspections, the elevators also had not been inspected recently...we were glad we were on the second floor, not the sixth!

Breakfast was available, but the offerings were reduced, and the hot scrambled eggs and sausage were served by an attendant. Oddly, guests were allowed to make their own waffles, so I'm not sure why we couldn't also get our own eggs. The attendant had a "Tips" cup on her station - wow. That was a first, and I'm amazed that management was okay with that. Bananas were unavailable two of the three days we ate there, and muffins were gone on the last day.

Our room (204) had an off odor when we first walked in....vomit? It wasn't strong, and we soon didn't notice it anymore, but.....ick. I would have enjoyed taking a bath, but the bathtub did not appear to be especially clean around the drain area. Because of the "ick" feeling, I wore socks instead of going barefoot, and was glad I did when I stepped onto a bent safety pin left on the floor. The lighting throughout the room was dim, and was especially noticeable in the bathroom - made it difficult to style my hair and apply makeup. The mirror also was noticeably not clean - some toothpaste spatter and fingerprints were readily apparent.

It's interesting that this property has elected to reduce services in several areas, but is still charging a pretty penny for their rooms. No hot tub, breakfast offerings reduced, and no daily room cleaning service all mean less expenses for the hotel; adding insult to injury is the $30/day they charge for valet parking. When we questioned why it was so high, the front desk attendant did offer to reduce it to $20/day, so there's that.

Would I recommend this hotel? No, not as it is now. Would I stay here again? No.

Reviewed 11 May 2021 via mobile

Me and my family had a great experience with this hotel will recommend to others I had a slight problem but got fix thanks to trince and I will be visiting again and also breakfast was great and the environment is very quiet and I loved it thanks springhill

Trip type: Traveled with family
Leonard Massey, Owner at SpringHill Suites Savannah Downtown/Historic District, responded to this reviewResponded 11 May 2021

Dear S6136HKelizab...

Thank you for taking the time to post this review. I really appreciate your support and we look forward to the next opportunity to serve you.

Warmest regards,