3 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
Fairfield Inn$152
Hotels.com$152
Priceline$152
FindHotel$152
Trip.com$152
eDreams$152
All reviews parking garage front desk bonefish grill historic district breakfast area housekeeping staff free breakfast very nice hotel minute drive mini fridge floor downtown publix maid roomy riverfront
Selected filters
Reviewed May 24, 2022

Previously we've saved money by staying outside the city of Savanah, but never again. This hotel was right near the river walk area. No need to pay for parking and so nice to walk right from the hotel to the restaurants and shops along the river. Can be tricky to find as the sign is not easily seen.

Date of stay: April 2022
Cynthia Jones, General Manager at Fairfield Inn & Suites Savannah Midtown, responded to this reviewResponded June 1, 2022

Thank you for your review! We greatly appreciate your feedback!

Reviewed May 24, 2022 via mobile

Booked room based on ratings and because we have stayed at many other Fairfields. There is a lot of construction in the area so getting to the entrance was not easy. Had to wait for a front desk person. She did not acknowledge that I was a Marriott

Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. We sincerely apologize about your experience and appreciate your feedback so that we can share this with our team! We hope we have the opportunity to serve you under better circumstances.

Reviewed May 23, 2022 via mobile

Currently at the hotel, absolutely a terrible unhygienic unsavory hotel. I am platinum and the lady at check in did not acknowledge or care and shooed me away to return to socializing in breakfast area with friends. I gave up because once I saw the room I realized no way did I care about my status and would be out of here ASAP. Certainly won’t be lazing my way out of here! I will also inform my business not to book me here any longer or other guests when they visit Savannah.

Many of the reviews are for the wrong hotel… they are listed for the one that you can walk to the Riverside, that is a different Marriott/ Fairfield Inn! That led to me requesting wrong property.

This hotel is absolutely disgusting. Please search for other comments that talk about “hair”.

Somebody else’s hair ( genital) was in the shower, and I agree with previous comments that there is no hygiene or cleaning. The carpet smells and the ac says “ on always “ so it loudly goes all night. The filter is very dirty and I wiped down that area with my own wipes.

Pros:
None
I can’t even get agent at desk to have attention to me long enough to add my bonvoy account # , let alone for my welcome or any other request.

Cons:

Bonvoy: property does not care about status for platinum or above

Parking: 12$ , but free for other 4 hotels in same avenue

Staff: surly

Rooms: roughly used for 5 year property, dirty, linens are worn and paint is scuffed. Hair in shower. Mold on grout.
This would not pass “ Marriott muster”

Final verdict: Get out ASAP — should have searched better and been more careful in reading reviews.
Obviously those that talk about “ walk to riverfront” must be for another hotel because this is 5 miles from that or 1.5 h walk through a rough neighborhood including closed businesses. Wrong location wrong Marriott.
I will request not to be placed here on my return next time. Live and learn.

Silver lining : I am going to be very grateful and re patronize bonvoy properties that have always acknowledged me kindly previously. They can’t always give me upgrades even with certificates used but they are gracious and welcoming to business and that certainly deserve the extra spending for both business and pleasure.

Room tip: 12$ parking Rude check in, use self check in if possible
Date of stay: May 2022
Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for taking the time in your detailed review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and the areas of opportunity we need to work on. I will be sure to share your review with my team so that we can correct these. We hope we have the opportunity to host you again soon and that we surpass your expectations in the future!

Reviewed April 19, 2022

Three of us stayed for two nights in April 2022 to look at SCAD. We found the room to be spacious and clean, and the staff to be friendly and helpful. Breakfast was basic yet very good. Parking garage connects to hotel, so you can walk out from the floor you are on directly to your car - very convenient, though the $12/nightly parking fee was a surprise. A short (15 minute) drive to SCAD and historic district. A five-minute gets you to a Publix, Five Guys, and Bonefish Grill. Other than that, not much around the hotel. One minor negative was that the shower was a bit small for me, a 5’10” male.
I would definitely consider staying there again.

Date of stay: April 2022

Thank you for taking the time for sending your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback and hope we have the opportunity to serve you again in the future!

Reviewed April 18, 2022

If you can’t stay in the historic district and you don’t mind driving everywhere this hotel works. Nice lobby. Room was ok but no comfy chair or couch in my room (I’m Titanium level). Breakfast was not worth anything to me with pandemic changes.
Parking was twelve dollars a night while other hotels around it have free parking.
Microwave didn’t work but mini fridge was good to have.
Publix and Starbucks across the busy street.

• Trip type: Traveled on business

Thank you for your review. We greatly appreciate your feedback! We appreciate your feedback about the breakfast changes and will share them with the team. Hope we have the opportunity to serve you again!