“Anniversary dinner..Wow! ”

The Vault Kitchen + Market
Ranked #45 of 909 Restaurants in Savannah
Reviewed 6 July 2016 via mobile

My husband and I celebrated our anniversary here. Wow! The ambience, service, drinks, and food was incredible! We sat at the bar a while we waited for a table . We ordered drinks-local brew and a Saigon sling. We started off our meal with pork dumplings and the house salad(big enough to share) followed by two rolls; the Bull and The Traveler. Big and very filling. We ended our meal with a very rich and delicious dessert...swiss chocalate something. The waitress, Chanisa, was very attentive and made our evening more special by personalizing our dessert to say Happy Anniversary . Enjoyed it very much here. Definitely coming back!

Reviewed 1 July 2016

Lots of good comments about the Vault Kitchen and Market.

Seating is available on the covered porch or indoors. Fans keep the air moving on hot days, but we opted for an inside seat in the air conditioned restaurant. Maybe I am a wimp.

The menu isn't extensive or expensive. However, the food we ordered was excellent. The service was quick and the servers friendly.

The kitchen is glass on two sides so you can see exactly what is going on at all times.

The restaurant theme, as understood by the name it carries, is evident by safe deposit boxes holding up the bar, safe deposit box vault covers behind the bar, and nickles in resin on the men's bathroom floor.

I made it a point to compliment the restaurant when leaving because of their attention to detail when serving us.

Lots of restaurants in Savannah, including the vastly overpriced establishments near Bay Street. Don't waste your money by Bay Street. Have a pleasing dining experience at the Vault.

Reviewed 28 June 2016 via mobile

This place is wonderful, and to me, the prices are very reasonable. My table tried duck dumplings, calamari, Korean tacos, curry shrimp, the traveler roll, the banana leaf steamed fish and a super phenomenal chocolate cheesecake mousse thing. We didn't have anything bad to say about any of the dishes.
The server was nice, and she gave confident, on-point recommendations for my entree and the dessert. My curry shrimp was so good. Lots of veggies. I didn't need to get a side of rice with it, but people with bigger appetites might want that.
I tried a piece of my friend's traveler roll. Delicious. Plus, some places skimp on rolls, but this one was huge.
I liked the duck dumplings more than the calamari. The latter was different from typical calamari apps (grilled not fried). It did have a great grilled flavor, but the texture isn't really my thing. It was good not great. But the dumplings were just so rich. I loved them.
The cashier's cup is a great cocktail. Not too sweet. I don't think I've ever seen apricot preserves on a cocktail list, so it seemed pretty unique to me. I guess the only negative critique is that the cocktails took too long.
As mentioned, and worth mentioning again, the dessert was sooooo good. I don't even love cheesecake, but I loved that one.
The interior is very pretty, and I liked the vibe. It's loud, but not in a bad way. It just struck me as energetic.
And perhaps best of all, it isn't downtown, where it's a huge pain to park. It has a lot.
FYI, we got there around 6:30 on a Saturday and waited about 30 minutes.

Reviewed 27 June 2016

Bright, open, and airy bistro with mix of Asian foods. Their large fried fish is iconic and agreat meal for 3-4 people. It comes served in a large wooden boat with good preparation. The dumplings are great with about 5 varieties. The service is fast and efficient and not overly done. Strongly recommend a visit and revisit.

Reviewed 27 June 2016 via mobile

The wife and I came here for a date night. This is an old bank repurchased for fine dining. The decor is classy modern. We started with the Tuna Tar Tar appetizer... a perfect dish to share. I had the Crying Tiger Steak... cooked to perfection and served with a nice chili sauce that blended nicely. My wife had the Curry Shrimp... the Shrimp were fresh and the spice was nice. We will come again!