1,460 results
All reviews french kitchen rooftop bar front desk inner harbor historical hotel valet parking an older hotel self park corner room few blocks mini fridge convenient location valet service johns hopkins convention center orioles game lb
Reviewed 12 February 2019

I stayed here for about a month for work and it is not the first time I have stayed in Baltimore for a long term stay at the Inner Harbor area. This was by far the best stay I have had out of the other hotels I have stayed at in the area. The staff was very accommodating and the rooms were very clean.
If you eat at the hotel bar please order the steak tacos. They are delicious and you can't beat the value.
If there is one criticism I can say it is that the breakfast they provided us was average. (Although on a side note, the last three places I stayed at for work did not provide us breakfast at all so average breakfast is still a step up.)
When I come back to Baltimore for work I am requesting to be placed in the Lord Baltimore Hotel again and I hope I have the same experience time and time again. Thank you for a great stay!!!!

Room tip: 17th floor has a nice sitting area for a small gathering of about 10 people with a TV if you are traveling in a group.
Date of stay: January 2019
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Onahlea S, General Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 13 February 2019

Thanks for the amazing review, Matthew!

It's excellent your time with us was so fantastic! We take great care in providing top-notch service for all of our guests. Your praise for our team lets us know we're doing our job! We look forward to hosting you again soon so we can share another splendid experience with you!

Have a fantastic day!

Reviewed 5 February 2019 via mobile

I stay in all types of hotels but this is one I would never stay in again. The pictures look so nice but you can’t get the feel for the atmosphere from the pictures. The place needs a complete remodel.
The bar on the main floor has a terrible bar menu and like the lobby is clean but doesn’t feel “clean”. Our room I felt was disgusting... Very dark and the bathrooms are small and the tub didn’t shine if you know what I mean.
I definetley would not stay there again and was highly disappointed.

Date of stay: September 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Onahlea S, General Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 February 2019

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback, Nikki.

We were disappointed to learn that the condition of our hotel as well as our quality of cleanliness did not meet your expectations. Please be assured that this is not the standard that we aspire to and we will share your concerns with the appropriate members of our team moving forward.

We hope you allow us the chance to share a more positive experience with you soon.

Reviewed 4 February 2019 via mobile

Stayed here for 25 days for work. Everything was really good except for the fact that the rooms are absolutely freezing. The windows leave crazy drafts and the air is so dry.

Food in the bakery and bar was pretty good, coffee is better than the big name stores. The Friday seafood chowder in the bakery was the best I had the whole time I was in Baltimore. We had breakfast provided in the morning by an amazing staff. Sam, Joey, Frankie, and Milan were all wonderful people who made my stay better. They were thoughtful, kind, funny, and they are really great at their jobs. There was one server who was kind of a jerk, Joe I think, but I just requested one of the others help me or I went to the bar to not deal with him. Besides one rude server, and the freezing cold rooms, I loved it and will come back for a personal visit one day and stay there (when it's warmer.)

Date of stay: January 2019
Trip type: Traveled on business
Onahlea S, General Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 February 2019

Thank you for the outstanding review, Tricia!

We're delighted your experience with us was so wonderful! We strive to make all of our guests feel welcome and relaxed during their time with us. It's fantastic the majority of our team could accommodate your needs and assist you in any way possible. We aim to please and your praise lets us know we're doing our job!

We look forward to sharing another amazing experience with you soon! Have a lovely day!

Reviewed 4 February 2019 via mobile

Have stayed here at the Lord Baltimore Hotel several times, one as recent as last month, due to a snowstorm causing hazardous driving conditions, prompting me to make reservations.

L.B. has an exquisitely decorated lobby, reminiscent of when the hotel was first built in 1928, has played it's part in the history of Baltimore, including some historical guests, (like hometown hero, Babe Ruth)

The rooms are decorated more modern, and the rooms are HUGE, compared w other hotels.overall, the facility is very well kept, clean, with a keen eye, making sure details are attended to (no doubt why this hotel is listed as one if the Hisoric Hotels of America); employees are helpful and personable-even when I had a problem (several years ago), the hotel manager made the extra effort, not only by accepting responsibility for the snafu, (caused by other members of his staff), by offering to me his genuine apology, and also offered me a dinner voucher, as a means to somehow compensate me for a bad experience @ L.B. (having returned to stay @ the L.B. several times since the incident should demonstrate how I feel about The LB.)

The two restaurants, the KB Market, which offers GREAT BREAKFASTS, lunches and dinners , as well as pastries made on site, and quick, ready-made salads and sandwiches in cooler display. The other restaurant, The LB Tavern, just off the lobby:a pub like atmosphere,/bar with REALLY GREAT food service ; both restaurants are reasonably priced: (Honestly, unless I was going to nearby Inner Harbor, just to be a tourist, I'd much rather get a good, reasonably priced meal at one of the LB restaurants instead!) (have not tried the 3d facility on site, the Skybar, so can't review it)

The LB Hotel prices are also reasonably priced, compared w other downtown hotels, considering the quality of the facility: the Versaille banquet room, decorated in French Provincial style, now used for large banquets (I wish the LB still offered dinners here, or their "afternoon teas" even for just special occasions (holidays)-In the past, it was a wonderful experience, having a 3 course luncheon, in such beautiful atmosphere - (now, the banquet hall and the Ballroom, with its exquisite chandeliers, is used for wedding receptions, etc only: it's really a shame, that this atmosphere is not more available to everyone)

My only other criticism would have to be the noise level in the LB Bakery this am: waiting for my room to be available for early check in, stopped in for breakfast while I waited; not only were the patrons noisy and rowdy (crawling on the floor by the checkout, trying to find something they were sure rolled under the display case, not deferred by the restaurant manager, who tried to help, assuring them that the missing item was not there)(evidently, members of one of 2 Conventions who had been staying this week @ The LB (and about to leave this am)-usually, the Bakery is pretty low key: would suggest the employees, in this case, turn down the radio volume, which was turned up, trying to drown out the patrons noise, only to add to the noise level: definitely, the exact opposite of the serene front desk/ lobby and the LB Tavern (should have retreated, and ate there!)

Hope this review helps!

Date of stay: February 2019
Trip type: Traveled solo

Thank you for sharing the wonderful review with us, donnao632!

We're happy to hear that you had such a pleasant stay with us! It was our pleasure hosting you. It's great to know that our delicious food and spacious accommodations had such a positive impact on your stay. We love providing our guests with great amenities and services and we're happy that you had all that you needed. However, we are disappointed to hear you had some difficulties with the noise level and we will bring this to the attention of our team for future improvement.

Thanks again for sharing, and have a lovely day!

Reviewed 21 January 2019

Stayed two nights. We would definitely stay here again. Breakfast was very good. Convenient location within walking distance to restaurants. Comfortable! There was an art exhibit of Christmas trees while we were there. Lovely atmosphere!

Date of stay: November 2018
Onahlea S, General Manager at Lord Baltimore Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 23 January 2019

Thanks for the fantastic review, Peg!

We're delighted you had such an amazing experience with us! It's excellent our comfortable accommodations and prime location could exceed your expectations. That's what we like to see! We look forward to seeing you again soon!

Have a wonderful day!