“Fabulous restaurant”

Charleston Restaurant
Reserve with OpenTable
Charleston Restaurant is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1 of 2,219 Restaurants in Baltimore
Price range: US$50 - US$150
Cuisines: American, French
Good for: Large groups, Local cuisine, Romantic, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Dinner, Lunch, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Little Italy
Cross street: Exeter Street (in the Thomson Prometric Building)
Transit: Next to Harbor East Marina, close to water taxi stops.
Description: Charleston is Chef Cindy Wolf's signature restaurant whose cuisine is rooted in French fundamentals and the Low Country cooking of South Carolina, engaging both regional and international influences. The restaurant offers an extensive prix fixe tasting menu from which guests choose between three and up to six courses. Service is experienced, informed, and intuitive. The extensive, award winning wine list is selected by Tony Foreman and was designed to complement Chef Wolf's cuisine.
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

Excellent food with an unusual menu - you choose 3-6 small courses of any kind, in any order ... dessert does not count as one of the courses and is included at the end. Lots of wonderful taste treats and wonderful service. Highly recommended

Will N, Guest Relations Manager at Charleston Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 6 April 2018

Dear Sandy,

Thank you, first of all, for joining us at Charleston and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. We are grateful for your comments. Your compliments to chef Cindy Wolf's cooking and to our service staff are wonderful to hear.

Please don't hesitate to be in touch if I may ever be of service at Charleston or at any of our restaurants or shops. It would be my pleasure to personally welcome you back.

Please like and follow us on Facebook, Instagram and Twitter to stay up to date on Charleston.
Please share about your experience on TripAdvisor, Google or Yelp, if you are so inclined.

Reviewed 2 April 2018

Not only is this restaurant the best in town with regards to the quality of the meal itself, it also surpasses others due to the high level of customer service. I would definitely recommend it for a romantic dinner, family gathering, graduation party, etc. You will not be disappointed. My husband and I will surely be back soon.

Reviewed 28 March 2018

I don't even know if I have words to express the service and food at Charleston Restaurant. We had the four course with wine pairing. Each dish was wonderful and presented in such a beautiful way. I just can't say enough great things about this restaurant.

1  Thank DShowers
Will N, Guest Relations Manager at Charleston Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Thank you, first of all, for joining us at Charleston and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I am grateful for your comments. Your compliments to chef Cindy Wolf's cooking and to our service staff are wonderful to hear.

Please share about your experience on Google or Yelp, if you are so inclined.

Warm regards,

Reviewed 20 March 2018

We began with a chef's treat of a very tasty artichoke soup. What a way to start. You have a choice from the menu of 3,4,5 or 6 courses and then dessert is included. The wine list is exceptional and we each selected a couple of different wines as with different courses. A couple of white burgundies were wonderful. Along the way we had lentil soup, sea scallop, tenderloin, artichoke risotto, branzino, a salad and the most amazing fried oysters ever. Each dish was superb (and rich). Three courses was plenty for each of us. They also offer and extraordinary cheese cart before dessert. As each dish was served the waiter would describe what was in each dish, which we greatly appreciated. The desserts were outstanding.
We loved the decor in the restaurant. It is a very attractive space. The meal was memorable and one of the better ones we have had anywhere. To top it off, our waitress, Danielle, was exceptionally knowledgeable about the entire menu, the wines and all of the cheeses.

Will N, Guest Relations Manager at Charleston Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 26 March 2018

Thank you, first of all, for joining us at Charleston and for taking the time to share your feedback on TripAdvisor. I apologize for the delayed response, but I am grateful for your comments. Your compliments to chef Cindy Wolf's cooking and to our service staff are wonderful to hear. I will be sure to pass along your kind words to Danielle.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

My husband's boss came in from North Carolina to shadow him for a few days. On the last night he was in, he invited me to join him and my husband for dinner. Living in Baltimore my entire life, this was my first experience with the Charleston. I cannot wait to return. It was simply the most incredible dining experience I have ever had. The wait staff was attentive, knowledgeable, and friendly. The food was scrumptious. Overall, I think the prices were not extravagant especially for all the "extras" they gave us such as the hors d'oeuvres, the port wine pairing with the soup we ordered, the macaroons and chocolates, and the cookies at the end. Our waiter even brought my husband and I a dessert to share even though we said we were just fine with cappuccinos. I would definitely recommend the lobster soup, the scallops, the rockfish and the PassionFruit Creme Brulee as this is what I had and it was delicious. Our valet had our car waiting for us when we exited the restaurant.