“Wonderful Atmosphere!”

Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

This place really delivered. The atmosphere was so warm and inviting. The service was perfect. I had lobster tail and it was delish. Dessert - OMG! Would return there in a second.

Date of visit: April 2021
Write a reviewReviews (804)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

Took my wife here for our anniversary dinner this year and she was delighted. We both had the prime rib special and will seriusly consider making this an annual event. Astoria is a great place to visit.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 24 March 2021 via mobile

We came to Astoria in search of yummy seafood and the Silver salmon did not disappoint. The chowder was delicious as was the halibut fish and chips (sweet potato fries), both of which were so fresh they melted in my mouth. My husband loved his grilled salmon and garlic mashed potatoes. I wish we had room for dessert, looked so good. The staff were so attentive . And the decor is really fun too.

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 6 March 2021 via mobile

This restaurant has been around for a long time and the decor is dated; however, that’s also part of the charm in this day of cool, sleek, über chic restaurants. We ordered the very reasonably priced four-piece halibut and chips which were delicious (and not greasy) on a nicely presented plate with just the right amount of fries, delicious green beans and tartar sauce. And the clam chowder? Some of the best I’ve ever enjoyed on the West Coast, perfectly seasoned with just the right thickness and tons of clams!

Date of visit: March 2021
Reviewed 21 November 2020

We've eaten here a number of times in the past. Heard they had a new chef, so, hoped for the best. Well. Heck.

My wife had their Etouffee. Hmmm. I've been to New Orleans and other places in Louisiana a lot. I've had some great Etouffee - but danged, this tasted like chili. As in, come on guy's, what's with the chili powder. Sure, you like to make it novel, but ugh! Chili powder. Etouffee isn't supposed to taste like chili.

I had the Baked Oysters Decadence. OK, this used to be a seafood restaurant, they've cut back on what they did well - which was seafood, and added Cajun. THEY NEED TO GET A REAL CAJUN - not a west coast impersonator. They had a green garnish sticking up in the middle of the dish. I like parsley, dim light - so popped it in my mouth. Unless I am mistaken, it was lavender. As in - what the heck??? So, in a nice restaurant and it tastes like you just took a bite of that crap soap you find in cheap hotels. What do you do??? Right, spit it out. NOW. My wife could smell it from across the table when I breathed out. The dish was lame, the oysters sandy, but who knew - given al I could taste was lavender. This place is off our list. Forever. We found Buoy Beer - it is even better than Silver Salmon used to be.

Date of visit: November 2020