“Very Busy So Service Was Slow”

Enza's Italian Restaurant
Cuisines: Italian
Dining options: Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Cross street: Hartley Rd
Description: Welcome to Enza's Italian Restaurant offering Italian Cuisine in a relaxed and contemporary atmosphere. Join us for live piano music 6 nights a week on our baby grand at "My Husband's Bar"
Reviewed 31 May 2021

This used to be one of our favorite restaurants and one that we would go to to celebrate special occasions. Unfortunately its been a few years since we've been here. We were here on a Tuesday at 5:15 PM and the place was already packed (everyone must have wanted to get out of the house after COVID). Since we had reservations, we were seated promptly but had to wait a good while to actually place our order. Because of the crowd and us having one of the favorite waitresses (so everyone was asking for her) this slower service then normal continued through most of the meal. I had the chicken parmesan ($21) with fettuccine alfredo ($2 extra) and a small side Caesar salad (did not notice that house salad came with meal but Caesar was $5 extra; my bust for not catching this). The meal was very good but the portion size was smaller than I remember. In the past used to get 2 pieces of chicken but this time there was only one. My wife had the Greek salad with blackened chicken and it was very good, Overall it was a very good meal but I can't give it the 5 stars I always would have given it in the past.

Date of visit: May 2021
1  Thank RLWOrangePark
Write a reviewReviews (365)

Reviewed 9 May 2021

Went for a birthday and had a very enjoyable experience. Piano bar was a bonus. Everyone loved their selections which were somewhat different to other Italian restaurants we have visited. Service was very good although they let us sit a little too long after we were finished.

Date of visit: May 2021
Reviewed 16 April 2021

The food was outstanding and I wanted to go the next night again but it was Monday and they were closed. The service was great, piano music added to the evening and the owner came to our table at the end of the night and really a great night. I would highly recommend it which I already did to an associate who was traveling to Jacksonville.

Date of visit: April 2021
Reviewed 22 March 2021

I have traveled across the U.S. and around the world, including Italy. I have written thousands of reviews, very few this poor. This had been a favorite spot for years. We eat out at least one meal a day. I feel that the quality and service has been in decline. We went a few months ago and left after being seated and abandoned for over 20 minutes with no service. I was asked to reach out to the owner, I did and never had a return call. We went last night for a special birthday celebration. We had reservations and made it clear that it was a birthday celebration. The server I found to be rude and did not refill drinks. I had asked for a drink to be made with Rum instead of Vodka as I am allergic. The drink tasted funny, I waited for the server to return (20 minutes later)and I inquired about the Rum as it tasted like Vodka, explaining I had an allergy. She said that she was sure it was fine, I had to insist for her to return to the bar and check. We waited 2 hours for our food! I had requested that the gluten free pasta be fully cooked as previously they had undercooked it and it was crunchy. I complained to the hostess that it was a birthday celebration and we had been waiting 2 hours for our food, she apologized and explained that the kitchen was "backed up". We received our food soon after. The gluten free pasta was undercooked. The server I found to now be rude and asked if the pasta was cooked properly, I responded that it was crunchy, she said that she asked for it to be cooked longer and walked off, no offer to remake the dish. The manager was present and visited all of the tables around us, but never ours. By the time that we were finished we had been there 3 hours, very few guests were left, the manager passed us several times, made eye contact and never stopped, did not offer to adjust our meal, apologize or remake the under cooked pasta! I understand that they were busy and had large parties, but that is no excuse for poor service by the manager and the staff. This ruined a special birthday. This is so unfortunate, a bill for 4 is nearly $200, I would expect more, as previously the quality and service was great. There are much better choices to dine nearby and we will drive to them instead of Enza's.

Date of visit: March 2021
2  Thank tedact
Reviewed 7 March 2021 via mobile

How embarrassed I was to bring an important guest here, I was mortified actually. I had been various times before and was more or less impressed by Jacksonville standards. This went downhill, big time.

Cold and sad Bruscetta, tasteless marinara, and a sloppy and passion-less waitress. I originally thought this was a gem, but I won’t be returning unfortunately.

Date of visit: March 2021
1  Thank KaiPetersen
enzasman1982, Owner at Enza's Italian Restaurant, responded to this reviewResponded 9 March 2021

Thanks for the input, I guess you weren’t mortified enough to ask to see a manager or the owner, we’re there always and would have been MORE than willing to rectify the situation, we can’t resolve the issue after the fact.