“Best Vietnamese in town, great prices”

Pho 99 Vietnamese Grill
Ranked #278 of 2,151 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Reviewed 3 May 2017

A friend told me this place was worth the drive and the local Vietnamese tell me it's their favorite place which is evidenced by all the Vietnamese actually eating in the restaurant. I've been twice in the past month. Vegetable pho both times, incredibly fresh, great service, great prices. Also had the crispy spring rolls... excellent!

Reviewed 13 April 2017 via mobile

Had never eaten Vietnamese food so decided to give it a try after reading a nice review in the newspaper. You know it has to be authentic when many of the customers are Asian. It also has Thai and some Chinese. I got Pad Thai which was wonderful. I have returned several times just to get it.
You can understand why the parking lot is always full after eating here. A lot of takeout customers too.
A++++++

Reviewed 14 February 2017

Very good pho. My wife had grilled chicken with lemongrass sauce, # 38. It tasted very good with large portion. My lemonade was the best I ever had, so good my wife was encouraged to try it and was glad I insisted.

Reviewed 26 November 2016

I enjoy a good bowl of authentic Vietnamese Pho as much as the next person, but finding a good bowl of authentic Vietnamese Pho is challenging due to differences and nuances in preparation, flavor, and taste.

Pho 99 Vietnamese Grill serves very good and authentic Vietnamese Pho. My parents discovered the restaurant and recommended them. I've been there a few times now over the past couple of months whenever I want some Pho.

I always order the extra large combination bowl (with all the meats) and it's always served hot and fresh and it's very filling. The rich broth, flaovr, and texture of the different meats with the regular topping mix (bean sprouts, cilantro, lime, etc.) and a choice of some sauces (i.e. fish sauce, hoisin sauce, etc.) makes the Pho dining experience very enjoyable.

There spring rolls are also quite tasty and priced reasonably.

I've yet to try their other Vietnamese cuisine since my palate when I dine here is focused on Pho, but I'll likely try some of the other menu items eventually.

The dining room atmosphere is humble and simple and the place when I dined there has always been clean. The service is average/fine with no complaints or criticisms based on my experience thus far.

Reviewed 15 November 2016

I've been to all 4 iterations of Pho 99. It's had its ups and downs and it's definitely on the up and up again. The new owners of this establishment finally has it right! My husband and I stopped by last night after we heard about the new management/chef. The menu was varied and much to our surprise and delight, there it was... caramelized pork or shrimp! This is my husband's favorite Vietnamese dish. We were only able to get this in Orlando. We opted for the pork and shrimp combo and were not disappointed! We also got the seafood combination with pan fried noodles. Also, good! We can't wait to go back and try the Pho! Good food and good service (courtesy of our wonderful server, Shaianne)... what more can you ask for! Note that the new owners have only been at in business for about 7 months... so if you are reading some bad reviews from a year ago, you can ignore those and give this place another try! By the way, the owner's 3 year old boy, Harrison is quite a gem! :-)