“Just decent”

JL Trent's Seafood and Grill
Ranked #38 of 2,161 Restaurants in Jacksonville
Cuisines: Seafood
Reviewed 7 May 2018 via mobile

I got the fried flounder with Mac and cheese and cole slaw. The flounder was just decent. Mac and cheese was good. Cole slaw wasn’t good. They have some crackers with a dip that wasn’t very good. The waitress was nice. Giving it 3 stars is a stretch in my opinion.

Reviewed 5 May 2018 via mobile

Great seafood and great service. The scallops were cooked perfect. The gator tail was some of the best we have ever had. Would highly recommend Trent's.

Reviewed 3 May 2018 via mobile

I have been eating at Trent’s for several years and it never disappoints! Great raw or steamed oysters, very good seafood and huge portions, (I usually order a lunch portion and I have a big appetite). The waitstaff treats you like family and the prices are very reasonable. Do not let the outside appearance control your decision to eat at Trent’s. It’s a local eatery and is an excellent choice for seafood in Jacksonville.

Reviewed 27 April 2018 via mobile

Everything was delicious! Service was good and prices were reasonable. The hush puppies, clam strips, grilled salmon on tropical salad, raw oysters and key lime pie were so flavorful! I can’t wait to come back! Perfectly located close to NAS JAX entrance!

Reviewed 24 April 2018 via mobile

So I found out there wasn't a lot to do where I was in Jacksonville. But the one place I was repeatedly told, by multiple people, to go check out, was Trent's. My stomach and I were pretty happy that I listened.
We pulled up on Saturday evening, and the place was packed. Even with that, there was still only a 15 minute wait. The staff was very friendly and good natured, and were genuinely interested in their customers and their customers' experience. I loved the quaint, old school, fishing/sailor themed decor.
We were quickly seated, and ordered some drafts, as we had another particularly long day of shooting at the Tom Swift Memorial. The brews came out with some tasty smoked fish and crackers. It was delicious, and the perfect appetizer to prepare is got what came next.
I ordered the oysters and flounder dinner with collard greens and grits, which I turned into cheese grits. We also ordered the grilled salmon with a baked potato.
The oysters were huge and amazingly fresh. The flounder was light, flaky, and fried perfectly. The portions were huge. I could easily have just shared, but in the end, I forced myself to break through the wall and keep going. Apparently, the time that we were there must have been Happy Hour, because our very attentive waitress brought us another round. The grits and greens tasted like a great home cooked recipe, and the whole place made you feel like we were just havinga great meal with longtime friends... Lots of them.
I loved the food, the atmosphere, and the staff. It's definitely worth checking out, and will certainly be back next time I'm in the area.