Inn at Lincoln Square
James Gettys Hotel(Gettysburg)
Colton Motel(Gettysburg)
  • Pool
View Hotel
All reviewsdanner suitemary julietfirst floorfresh muffinsfull kitchenbowl of fruitkitchen and living roomthree bedroomwasher and dryerperfect locationgettysburg addressplace to stayparking spotin townpersonal tourkeurig coffee makershops and restaurants
FilterAll languages
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

The Inn at Lincoln Square was perfect for our Gettysburg visit. You are right in the center of town. Walk to restaurants and museums and just enjoy the quiet beautiful town. Parking is provided as well which was great! Stayed two nights and was everything I had hoped for.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Gus Z, Owner at Inn at Lincoln Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 weeks ago

Thank you so much for the kind review. Our location simply can't be beat and I'm glad to hear that everything lived up to your expectations. We hope to see you again!

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

Unhappy with this hotel. There is no staff at hotel. When we arrived (you MUST call 20 minutes before you arrive) we were met by “hotel keeper”. So far so good. The major problem is I checked to be sure there was WIFI as I need it for my work. I checked when staff was present and there was no WIFI. She left and rebooted somewhere. We had WIFI for about 30 minutes. The next morning-no WIFI. I could not reach anyone until 11:30 am (started calling at 7am) the next day even though they stated they were available 24 hours. When asked about WIFI the keeper stated, “This has never happened”. I did not believe this. Then no more WIFI at all and no one to assist. The stairs to the bedroom upstairs was so steep and narrow I couldn’t carry my suitcase to my room. There is a HUGE stair to step down to reach the bedroom and bathroom. No handrail. If you have children or a person that is a bit older this is an unsafe situation. Service poor and no WIFI. I went to a hotel across the street (which we ended up moving to) who let me use their WIFI graciously until we just moved over there. I’m not usually a complainer but there were holes in the bathroom walls, refrigerator old and shabby, cute little patio, but it was filled with cigarette butts-I’ll stop. With a little TLC this could be a nice little room. This isn’t a inexpensive room either. On the positive side-great location. Please believe their ad/statement of “No Frills”.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Gus Z, Owner at Inn at Lincoln Square, responded to this reviewResponded 4 weeks ago

For starters, our property is not a "hotel". The Inn at Lincoln Square is a historic home in one of the most historic places in the world, Gettysburg, PA. I apologize if our Wi-Fi was not up to your standards but if that is the biggest complaint you have then I must say that it is hardly a complaint at all. The majority of our guests come to experience the true Gettysburg in a historic home of the period. Wi-Fi is something we offer as a courtesy, but not the main draw to our property. And as far as the narrow staircase and steps, etc, our property is an old house with all the quirks and charms that make it an authentic experience for those who come to Gettysburg to get a true feeling of what Gettysburg was like in 1863. With regards to your comments about the "holes in the bathroom walls" and the "shabby old refrigerator", I can tell you there are no holes in the walls of the bathroom so I'm not sure where that comment is coming from. The refrigerator is about 4 years old - not brand spanking new, but hardly "shabby" and "old". We do sometimes have an issue with cigarette butts and other litter in the courtyard but that is due to that fact that garbage from the alley often blows into the courtyard. We try our best to keep it clean but unfortunately, we do not always effectively accomplish this. In the final analysis, I think that our property was simply not a good fit for you. If you want 2018, then I suggest you stay at the new Holiday Inn or Best Western in town. If you want 1863, then our inn is one of the best choices you can make. A brief glance of many of our other reviews will affirm my comments. My apologies for your unpleasant experience but perhaps next time you should research more thoroughly to find a property that best suits your needs.

Reviewed March 5, 2018

Beautiful place to stay and amazing muffins upon arrival.Right in town and walking distance from bars and restaurants.The town of Gettysburg is very quaint and historic.We will be back in the summer to enjoy more.

Stayed: April 2017
Gus Z, Owner at Inn at Lincoln Square, responded to this reviewResponded March 12, 2018

Thank you kindly for the wonderful review! We are pleased you had such a pleasant stay and look forward to your return!

Reviewed January 31, 2018

This is the best location! We rented one of the Inn's 3 bedroom apartments and it was perfect for our family rendezvous. It has an outside entrance in back of the Inn and 3 bedrooms and a big living area on the first floor where we could gather to plan the day or just hang out. It is an old building and could use some upgrades but it was inexpensive, very clean and a lot of fun. Jeanine, our Innkeeper could not have been nicer and greeted us with warm homemade muffins & a big smile. We will definitely be back.

• Stayed: January 2018, traveled with family
Gus Z, Owner at Inn at Lincoln Square, responded to this reviewResponded February 4, 2018

Thanks so much for the wonderful review! We're glad that our inn offered a comfortable place for you to enjoy your visit. We look forward to seeing you again!

Reviewed January 24, 2018

The room was fabulous, very clean, full kitchen, laundry, historical. We had a great time. The inn keeper was great, really funny, informative, helpful. We will definitely stay here again should we come back to Gettysburg. We had a great time.

Room Tip: 3rd floor is most likely the quietest. We could hear people walking around upstairs.
  • Stayed: January 2018, traveled with friends

Thank you kindly for the warm review. We are pleased you had an enjoyable stay and hope to see you again!