All reviews library bar la croix lacroix restaurant leading hotels of the world turn down service chocolate covered strawberries cookies and milk four seasons park view luxury hotel room service sitting area shopping and restaurants the ritz upgraded to a suite rooms are large long weekend
Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

I don’t even know where to start. I stayed here while renovations on my home we’re completed. Ashley, Jun and the night manager (I can’t recall her name) we’re so kind! It’s the little things that count, the bottled water in the morning in case you run, the pool toys, warm towels and floaties offered at the pool, the warm cookies and milk that are waiting for you in your room during check in, even the maid placed the radio on jazz and laid out the robes during the turn down service PHENOMENAL!! This hotel pays close attention to detail and I absolutely love it. The stay was AMAZING to say the least. I will never stay at another hotel. I’m literally considering an apartment in the building. Excellent service!!

Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank reneelawrence1990
RArchambault, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 12 June 2018

Dear Renee,

Thank you so much for your take on your time at The Rittenhouse. It is truly gratifying to hear how much you enjoyed your stay.

I will certainly share your kind words with our entire team and we look forward to seeing you as our guest, or even resident, in the future!

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

We have stayed in Philadelphia in the past year so we somewhat had our directional bearings about us. I almost booked this trip’s stay at the Ritz Carlton again (because it was also a fabulous hotel in an old bank with an amazing lobby bar) but am so glad that i didn’t. Rittenhouse did not disappoint! Friendly and helpful service from the time we arrived (our children got to choose toys from the treasure box while we were checking in...Our daughter picked Jenga and our son chose Cool swim goggles) until the time we walked out (at 6:45am to a pre-arranged by the concierge (Thank you!) SUV and driver to drive us 1-3/4 hours away to Newark, NJ’s airport).
Both rooms (my parents were with us) were extremely spacious and there was nothing i could find fault with. Very clean, pretzels and root beer in glass bottles upon arrival, comfortable beds and appointments. I would absolutely stay here again. IF you feel that the service over the phone prior to arrival is a bit smug and non-service friendly like i did, just keep in mind that the property and service once you arrive is amazing.
Also, perfect location with park across the street and an easy walk to many bars and restaurants. The hotel bar had very tasty and professionally made drinks as well. The indoor spa and heated pool were perfect for us and the children appreciated it!

Trip type: Traveled with family
RArchambault, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 11 June 2018

We are very happy to hear that you have made The Rittenhouse your home for your stays in Philadelphia. We do offer the largest and newest rooms in the city, with easy access to all the best shops, restaurants and historical sites. We appreciate your endorsement and will look for you and your family in teh future!

Reviewed 11 June 2018 via mobile

On business, I had the pleasure of staying at this beautiful hotel for one evening. It was one of the most comfortable, enjoyable, and finest stays I’ve ever had anywhere when traveling for business!! The room; spacious, lovely, and well equipped. Room service perfect. The food; I had dinner and breakfast delivered to the room,,,,fabulous!! Lastly, the people are so friendly and attentive to all your needs. Highly, Highly recommend!!!

Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed 10 June 2018

We chose this hotel for an overnight getaway from NYC, and chose it based on it receiving more consistent reviews vs the Ritz. The exterior of the building is not much to look at but we were pleasantly surprised by our renovated/modern room, exceptional service and perfect location. We booked with a package and got $100 credit in food/drink + upgraded amenities. The staff surprised us with cava and chocolate strawberries in our room for my birthday; this was such a special and unexpected touch. The pool was a bit dated, but Le Croix and Library Bar were beautiful. Love that they had jazz pianist & singer in the evening. Location was central within walking to all the nice shops and restaurants along Walnut / Sansom streets. All in all, was a great stay and would definitely come back!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Reviewed 6 June 2018

My friend and I had a wonderful stay. We had afternoon tea, drinks at Lacroix, and stayed overnight in beautiful room. The staff at Rittenhouse is far superior to any I have experienced. Thanks to all that made our stay so memorable. The Rittenhouse should be everyone's top choice for luxury in Philadelphia. Forget The Four Seasons and Ritz Carlton, this place is a true gem!

Room tip: Suites are some of the best! Worth the extra dollars
  • Trip type: Traveled with friends
RArchambault, General Manager at The Rittenhouse Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 7 June 2018

Dear Leah,

It was our pleasure to host you! Thank you for your ringing endorsement. As an independent hotel, it means a great deal to us.

We will see you for future celebratory visits I hope!