3,124 results
All reviews the red owl tavern rooftop bar independence hall liberty bell alice in wonderland stratus lounge wine hour old city park view across the street soaking tub yoga mat complimentary wine beautiful hotel wedding weekend mini bar amazing location
Reviewed 13 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed at the hotel with friends to visit the Flower Show and historical sites. The decor was fun and colorful, and the rooms, while not large, were well arranged. The afternoon wine reception was an added bonus and a great treat.
The staff was very helpful in making last minute dinner reservations and in providing directions (the personal touch and paper maps are a good combination with Google Maps). Several of us were also accommodated with early check-ins.
It was a delight to stay at the Kimpton Monaco.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Philly_Hotel_GM, Guest Relations Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 18 March 2018

Good Evening Connie T., Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback for the hotel. It is wonderful to hear that you and your friends had an enjoyable experience staying with us. The Flower Show is an excellent event and we hope you had a great time. We always try our best to make sure our guests are well taken care of when it comes to where to dine and how to get there. The paper maps make all the difference to me, because I enjoy knowing where I am at and what else is close by. We also try our best to accommodate early check-in so that you can spend the rest of you day doing fun things and not waiting for your room. It was a delight to have you as our guest, and look forward to having the opportunity to host your next trip to Philadelphia as well! Cheers, Lance Irick - Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 12 March 2018

The hotel is in a great location . We had a nice king room overlooking the liberty bell . The hotel has wine for guests in the afternoon . the front desk is very nice and accommodating . the hotel is centrally located so put your sneakers on and start walking .

Room tip: Get a room overlooking the park
Date of stay: December 2017
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Good Evening 81eddie, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback for the hotel! We are very glad to hear that your stay was an enjoyable experience for you. We are located in the most historic square block of the country and we are incredibly proud to be able to show off historic Philadelphia! We hope to have the opportunity to host your next trip back to Philadelphia! Cheers, Lance Irick - Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 12 March 2018

A long-time IHG Platinum member, I tend to book most of my travel at Intercontinental Hotels around the world, where the service and attention to detail is remarkable. This year, with an expiring award night that I have always redeemed in more exotic locales, I had to make a choice to stay locally due to work and time restraints and with Kimpton as a new partner of IHG, I was thrilled to take a trip to Philly with the boyfriend and dog. However, the entire experience was a waste and I seriously wish I had never booked here. Although a room upgrade and late check-out tend to be standard with IHG Platinum status, it is based on availability. My issue is that traveling with my dog, I reached out multiple times in advance and was told this should not be a problem. That I just can confirm when checking in. At check-in, I was first told there may be a problem because they needed to find me a dog friendly room. Strange, since ALL rooms are pet-friendly and certain rooms are reserved for those people who have pet allergies. Eventually this is cleared up, a room is given, and I am told to call in the morning to confirm late check out. Once again re-iterating the platinum benefit, etc. Obviously, this didn't happen and the next morning I was told they are too busy to accommodate my request. So, I spent two hours in the lobby as a dangerous N'oreaster came through town. Which is fine because as far as I'm concerned, the only reason to ever step foot in this hotel is to take a few photos around the lobby. Our room itself had a number of issues, wasn't especially clean or really the most pet-friendly. In the past, our rooms at the Kimpton in NY and in DC had always had a pet bowl/bed available. Not a big deal overall, but it just went with the tone of the experience. Guests don't matter here. There are no extras or gestures to make a guest feel welcome. The remote didn't work. The heating/air-conditioning unit went from desert hot to freezing cold on the basis of setting the thermostat at either 69 or 71 degrees. The business center wasn't working but the front desk was accommodating in printing a form form me. This was the only really friendly interaction to stand out during the stay as polite. Don't expect help with your bags or help at all when you are coming in and out of the doors of this place. I do feel like I should have stayed in NY and used my annual night as a staycation at Ink 48, where I know I can rely on great customer service and a gorgeous room. And not that I expect a room full of roses and candles, but I had noted this was a birthday celebration and no mention of it. But this is not Intercontinental DaNang, where I would gladly fly around the world to enjoy a night's stay rather than the hour and half trek to the Kimpton Monaco.

Room tip: Stay Somewhere Else
  • Trip type: Traveled as a couple
1  Thank MissDiatribe

Good Evening MissDiatribe, Thank you very much for taking the time to leave your feedback for the hotel. I am very sorry to hear that your stay with us did not reflect favorably on the property or brand. We do keep two floors of the hotel pet free for those with allergies, but it should never be, or seem like, a problem to have your pet with you. We do definitely have pet beds and bowls available and this should have been mentioned to you at check-in. We do care a great deal about our guests and I can't express my disappointment enough that this was not the experience that you received. If you don't mind reaching out to me directly via email at lance.irick@hotelmonaco.com I would very much appreciate the opportunity to rectify this situation for you. Without the honest feedback from our guests we cannot address these problems and I cannot thank you enough for bring them to light for us. Cheers, Lance Irick - Guest Services Manager

Reviewed 11 March 2018

We used Hotel Monaco for our wedding guests and ourselves! The Bridal suite was beautiful and they provided two rooms to fit my 15 bridesmaids to get ready in!! They were super helpful, provided chairs for the stylists and also gave us a bottle of Prosecco on the night of our wedding! The staff was pleasant and courteous!

• Trip type: Traveled with friends
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
Kayla H, Front Office Manager at Kimpton Hotel Monaco Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 12 March 2018

Justine! Thank you so much for your review. You and your wedding party were so awesome to service. It's really great for our team to hear that you had a great time. It's such a special occasion and we wanted it to be perfect for you. Your 5 star review is greatly appreciated. I hope we can host you for your first Anniversary!

Reviewed 11 March 2018 via mobile

The hotel is in a great location and the public spaces are lovely. The room is nice enough with a sizable bathroom (and minimal amenities , only a measly one packet of q-tips in the jar, no cotton balls. No shower cap). There was hair on the bathrobe, unfortunately , because the robe itself was fun—- a sweatshirt as a robe ! But who could even touch it with someone else ‘s hair on it! And the bathroom, with its shiny white surfaces, had coffee (or something else) drops down the front— ewwww!!! And no turndown service so there was no chance they would fix it by bedtime. The final insults are the $14.99 internet (haven’t seen that in a while) and $8 for a bottle of water whose cap is covered in dust!!
Many other hotels in Philly that won’t insult you like this one does——in SPITE of the great location and cool decor, it says that they really think their guests are too lowbrow to notice these things. Shame on them!

Date of stay: March 2018
Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Ellen, I appreciate you taking the time to share your feedback regarding your stay with us in Philly. It sounds like we had a couple of opportunities during your stay to really knock it out of the park but we dropped the ball. We have went over your cleanliness challenges with out housekeeping team so we can work toward achieving a perfect operation. We can definitely set up turndown for you if you request it, that's no problem. We also offer complimentary Wifi for our loyalty members and it's free to sign up. It takes about 1 minute for us to do and we would be more than happy to do it for you at any moment. I hope that you stay with Kimpton again in the future because I believe we can leave a better impression than this recent one.