3 people are viewing this hotel
$207
Free cancellation until 05/29/22
Reserve now, pay at stay
$207
Free cancellation until 05/29/22
Traveluro
$182
Hotels.com$207
travelup.com$212
Priceline$207
3,047 results
All reviews wine hour rittenhouse square city view front desk staff center city valet parking corner room upon check liberty bell lobby doorman pets properties minibar tub closet garage
Selected filters
Reviewed October 27, 2021 via mobile

1)Check in: We pulled the car up in heavy traffic at 545 pm with a tight schedule to make our dinner reservation. There was no one in sight. No one manning the valet parking and no one to assist w the luggage.So were double parked in traffic. We cant leave the car to bring in luggage so I go inside and noone has a clue where the valet is or to help w luggage. A keystone cops routine for 10-12 minutes until someone finally showed up. So the hotel has one guy doing this on a Friday night with guests from two weddings filling the hotel for Saturday weddings. Do the math on how that’s going to work out..This for $58 a day for valet parking!

2)Service:There’s no bottled water in the room but we got a a nice text message asking if we need anything: I asked for water and they say it’s at the front desk. Given we’re undressed for bed I ask fir 2 bt to be sent up and they apologize and tell me they “don’t do this”. I apologize and say : “Iapologize too-I thought I was staying in a hotel”

3) Housekeeping: At 530pm after our first night our room hasn’t been made up so I call for service and I’m told they “ don’t so that”. So your living w 2 days of used towels in a tiny room. I have never stayed in a hotel that doesn’t clean the hotel room. I’ve been in 5/6 hotels during COVID and all cleaned the room.There was no notice that I received indicating no housekeeping. We asked for more towels and they were delivered but the previous used towels were left on the bathroom floor.

4) Management: There has not ever been a sign of management personnel either in the lobby at the valet. There are very nice/courteous young people who have no idea what is going on from a guest perspective. Bus to a wedding? No clue. Help w car and luggage? You’re in your own.

5) Checkout and our $58/night Valet :On checkout I give our parking chit to the valet ( first time I’ve seen anyone behind the desk) and tell him we’re right inside in the lobby. He says 15-20 min. After 29 min I go out to check and our car is right there and he tells me,seeming annoyed it'sa bit annoyed w me that the car has been there for quite a while. They texted about a no touch checkout and the bill would be emailed.Ten days later and the invoice was never received. I called and the clerk said she’d send it “again”. I asked from what email address it came from..But when she checked …of course it was never sent. A fitting end to our “ guest experience”

This is NOT a hotel. It’s a youth hostel masquerading as one. Avoid this place unless you like staying in A room full of two days of garbage and dirty towels !

We must be lucky or just spoiled but this is the worst hotel experience we can recall.

Trip type: Traveled with friends
2  Thank FrequentTraveler192
Reviewed October 27, 2021

I stayed at this hotel from October 21-23, 2021 From the time I walked in the door until I left the service was amazing. Erin the Bellman helped me move about 30 boxes from my room to the ballroom for a wedding I was coordinating. He moved the books with a smile on his face and the boxes was definitely heavy.
Jason one of the servers is like family now. He could not do enough for the bridal party and their guests. I have coordinated wedding at a lot of hotels but this one was the best. The service was second to none. The staff at the front desk was so professional and accommodating. I will definite recommend and stay at this hotel again. Thank you for being the best.
CLT

Room tip: The corner rooms are the best. But all the rooms are a nice size.
  • Trip type: Traveled on business
Reviewed October 18, 2021 via mobile

Love Kimpton hotels as they are usually trendy, comfortable, and offer a free wine hour. This Hotel Palomar was in a great location near lots of good restaurants/bars and shopping. My only complaint was the bathroom wall paper had stains on it and the vent was rusty and full of dirt which was disgusting. Should do more detailed cleaning for such a nice hotel!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
1  Thank Irishstud
Reviewed October 4, 2021

This hotel has a fine location, within walking distance of many excellent coffee shops, restaurants, the Reading Terminal Market food court, and clothing or shoes stores; it is only a bit more than a mile away from Independence National Historical Park, with the Liberty Bell, Independence Hall, Carpenters' Hall, The National Constitution Center, etc. The rooms are clean, there are towels, soap, shampoo, conditioner, ice bucket, cups, big screen television, wifi capability, comfortable beds, small refrigerator, and a nice, hot shower. The rooms were quiet, with no traffic noise, so we rested well while there.

The hotel is pet friendly - we saw several dogs in the lobby during our stay.

Parking is a bit of a challenge: there is only curb space for a few cars in front of the hotel, so on arrival for check-in we saw no space to stop. We thus had to drive around the block once until one car left so as to open up a spot, allowing us to park and then enter the hotel to check in. We paid the $58/night valet parking. When the time came to leave, despite having the front desk call the Valet service and my sending a text to the parking service, it took over 45 minutes - plus repeated inquiries and promptings at both the Valet stand and the front desk - to finally have our car brought to us. So for this reason, the hotel gets four stars, not five.

Despite the poor parking service, we enjoyed our stay at the hotel and would have no problem staying there again.

Date of stay: September 2021
1  Thank DGTravelor1
Reviewed September 18, 2021 via mobile

Very much what I would consider a mid-range hotel and prices obviously fluctuate with demand.

Pros:

helpful front desk staff person who immediately switched my room when I complained about a moldy smell. I also appreciated being able to get in with an early arrival.

Fun elevator decorations

Great location

Pleasant lobby with flavored water all times of day and free wine late afternoons.

My room felt clean.

Con:

Room was tiny, including the bathroom.

Bed is very soft.

I was told at first in person it was sold out and started to book a different hotel, but then while in their lobby pulled up hotels.com and rooms were available. I understand how those sites work and the hotel didn’t have access to book those rooms, but he could have said, we’re sold out, but you might find a room through one of our partner sites.

Bathtub - not a shower-stall as most newer or updated hotels have these days. Also, curtain had a tear. Just little things that set nicer hotels apart from average.

Date of stay: September 2021