2,829 results
All reviews wine hour rittenhouse square truffle popcorn spa king room wine reception spa tub yoga mat a pet friendly hotel complimentary wine city view chocolate covered strawberries mini bar every evening center city front desk staff higher floor valet parking
Reviewed 5 September 2017 via mobile

Great location near shopping and dining. Friendly staff, loved that they accept dogs, daily wine hour with flavored popcorn is great. Room was small but clean. We had great view of the city. The mattress was harder than I have used to. Loved that it was very quiet. Despite of the four elevators it can be a wait depending time of the day.

Date of stay: September 2017
Jessy4069, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 6 November 2017

Thanks for the great review, aut0bahn! Hope you can come back and see us, we will have the truffle popcorn waiting!

Reviewed 2 September 2017 via mobile

Really enjoyed this hotel and their location in downtown Philly. Every night we enjoyed the wine hour. Their truffle popcorn was a nice touch. Wadiyyah surprised us with a bottle of champagne after we were chatting with her and I mentioned it was my wife's birthday that day. Hotel has great customer service!!

Trip type: Traveled as a couple

Thanks for the shinning review, Dave S! I am so glad to hear that you and you wife enjoyed her birthday with us. We try and catch those little moments here and there. I am glad Wadiyyah was able to surprise you both with some bubbly! We hope to see you next fall for her birthday!

Reviewed 31 August 2017

I booked this property over the Sofitel and I regret my decision. The first room I was booked on had no working phone and most of the electric plugs did not work. Tired after a long flight, I was not rejoiced at moving to another room but there was no other option. I was booked at a slightly larger room at no extra charge but I had to take all the unpacked luggage myself. I did not see a concierge of bell service, only a porter an a check in desk. The key to the new room did not work and I had to call from the phone next to the elevator. When I came in the room I did not find the light switched but the room service employee that opened the door just said to look for them. Today I ordered breakfast at my room but had to call twice for sugar for my coffee which was cold bu the time it could be sweetened. Really not the luxury and service I am used to...next time will book the Sofitel accross the road...

• Trip type: Traveled on business
1  Thank ps0ler

Thank your for your review, ps0ler. I was definitely disappointed to hear that your experience didn't meet the Kimpton you know and love. Please rest assured that I have been working with our new team to increase the level of customer service to be the unique experience that Kimptons are known for. If you travels bring you back to Philadelphia, please reach out and let me know as I would love for you to give us another shot. Cheers, Jessy - AGM

Reviewed 30 August 2017

Pros: The hotel is super centrally located (next to Rittenhouse Square) where everything is happening!! Hotel decor and condition are fun and well maintained, clean and well-maintained furnishings, nice bathroom, staff were all friendly, very dog friendly, free wifi, hotel gym

Cons: Room size was OK, but on the smaller side, the TV wasn't great (the imagery never matched the sound, we tested this on multiple channels on different days and still got the same result) - not sure if it was just our TV or if this was hotel-wide (assuming they have the same TV model in every room)

Overall, we were extremely happy with this hotel. Would definitely stay here again!

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jessy4069, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 16 September 2017

Thanks for the great review, Candy! I am glad to hear you got to check out and enjoy all of the amenities of our hotel. We just got brand new 50" TV's in our guest rooms this summer. I am sorry to hear that your TV wasn't working properly for you. This is the first time we have heard of this issue so it sounds like an isolated issue, but I want to double check the room you were staying in to be sure it is fixed. Please feel free to reach out to me directly so I can collect more information, my email is jessy.scott@hotelpalomar.com. Let me know the next time you are in town as we would love to have you back!

Reviewed 27 August 2017 via mobile

My husband surprised me with an anniversary dinner at R2L, so I wanted to surprise him with our first night away from our baby since she was born. I was looking for a modern hotel that had a city view and a room made for a quasi second honeymoon (and our first night of sleep without worrying about a little one waking up). The room was very cozy, with a king size bed. I booked the King Spa Suite with a city view primarily for the tub and it was fantastic. They have animal print robes for their guests which were visually cool, but a little rough to touch (think of cheaper towels that you've had for years). We let the staff know that it was our anniversary, and they left a champagne and chocolate covered strawberry surprise waiting for us upon our return from dinner. We didn't eat at the hotel's restaurant, but we did stop in for a drink before checking in and I thought my drink was excellent. And you can check your bags in at the front desk if your room isn't ready, and you prefer to walk around the city.

Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jessy4069, Manager at Kimpton Hotel Palomar Philadelphia, responded to this reviewResponded 28 August 2017

Happy 2nd Honeymoon, KatiemP3356KI! We feel very honored that you chose to spend it with us. I am glad to hear that you both enjoyed your first night away from the little one (we know how that can be). We hear you about the animal print robes, which is why we are currently in the process of changing them out to new, softer robes. Hopefully we get to see you for your anniversary getaway!