2 people are viewing this hotel
Lock in the lowest price from these sites
$120
View deal
Booking.com$120
Priceline$120
Hotels.com$120
Traveluro$125
eDreams$120
Aloft.com$120
All reviews city hall convention center bank vault great location front desk reading terminal market rooms are small across the street walking distance love park homeless people city view booked this hotel bed was comfortable liberty bell lobby misha
Selected filters
Reviewed October 8, 2021 via mobile

Housed in an old bank, this a fun, hip midlevel Marriott chain. Had a couple snafus with my toilet not flushing and housekeeping arriving late, but we are in a pandemic, and the hotel staff addressed each concern quickly and with a smile. They are courteous, with fast solutions.

Nice clean rooms with decent views. And the BEST blackout shades ever—I didn’t even need my sleep mask. Bed a little firm for my taste, but not terribly so. Clean, crisp linens. Nice pantry with lots of water, sports drinks, and booze, as well as snacks. Nice bar and outdoor patio area with good bartenders—for two nights, I had a bartender just make me her random choice of drinks, and they are tasty and affordable. Kitchen still not up and running, but again, pandemic.

This hotel couldn’t be better situated for touring the main sites of Philadelphia. Right next to PAFA, the Masonic lodge, and Reading Terminal Market, it’s no more than 2-3 tenths of a mile from most things, and less than a mile to constitution square/liberty bell. About a mile to things like National Justice Museum, Mutter, etc. I very rarely had to take a Lyft anywhere.

I will definitely stay here again when returning to Philly.

Date of stay: October 2021
Trip type: Traveled solo
Reviewed October 4, 2021

Great location as a jumping of point for sightseeing, near City Hall, the Basilica, Logan's Square, and Reading Terminal Market. Located at the southern terminus of Franklin Parkway at Broad & Arch, we walked the parkway to visit many of the cities noted attractions - Franklin Institute, Rodan's Museum, Barnes Museum, the Washington Monument, and Philadelphia Museum of Art, to name just a few. Also a little further, but easily walkable to Independence Square and further east to the attractions on the Delaware River. Also next door the the convention center.

A repurposed bank building, our room was on the 14th floor with good nightlines of downtown. The rooms were quite and clean. Workout room is in the old vault in the basement, which was a novelty.

Reception area is stark, though they did have a nice little bar next to the desk. No restaurant, but plenty of food choices within walking distance.

We would stay there on future visits to Philadelphia.

Date of stay: October 2021
evan evans, General Manager at Aloft Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 6, 2021

937,

Thank you for the 5 STAR REVIEW! We are glad you got to enjoy many of the great sites and scenes in Philly! We are right in the middle of it all.

Glad to be your hotel of choice!

See you on your next expedition!

Evan

pro tip for fitness fun - the vault door in the gym can be moved. Use your legs, it's heavy!

Reviewed October 1, 2021

A few years back, I was attending a convention in Philadelphia and stayed at the Aloft Hotel across the street from the Reading Market. This year, with my wife along, I wanted her to have the same wonderful experience I did in the prior visit. As I arrived at the hotel, I was surprised to see it was not the hotel I expected. Upon checking in I was told that the hotel that previously was the Aloft was now a Homewood Suites by Hilton, whereas subsequently Marriott bought the Aloft brand.

When I booked the description near the convention center seemed right, so it was a case of mistaken identity. As for this hotel, it is a skyrise, our room was on the 12th floor and the room was rather small. Parking is public around the corner of the hotel and aside from that it was fine for a 1 night sleepover.

The staff was very helpful and attentive and noted upon our arrival our room was not ready. They did call and let us know when it was.

I didn't find the room or furnishings/decor to be anything to get excited over, it was average and a bit on the small side, pricing was what one would expect of a downtown center city night stay.

Bed was comfortable enough, view from 12th floor overlooked the convention center roof. Biggest disappointment was the mix up on the locale which is my fault for not researching further.

Date of stay: September 2021
evan evans, General Manager at Aloft Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2021

Hi Btouro,

Thank you for sharing your experience. I appreciate your recognition of our helpful and attentive staff. When you return to Philadelphia I hope we will become your hotel of choice.

Happy Fall,

Reviewed September 26, 2021

Great location right downtown near many metro stops with easy access. Staff was extremely patient and friendly considering everything going on at various times. The outdoor terrace next to the lobby is also a very cool & interesting space.

I paid using Bonvoy points, 40,000 points/night, which was extremely overpriced for the quality of the rooms and hotel overall. My room wasn’t very clean, there was dust throughout the room and some small messes around the desk & fridge area. Bathroom also could’ve been cleaner. Very basic Aloft property overall that was not worth the price. However, staff made up for most of the property’s issues.

Date of stay: August 2021
Review collected in partnership with this hotel
evan evans, General Manager at Aloft Philadelphia Downtown, responded to this reviewResponded September 27, 2021

Hi Bodega,

Thanks for choosing our hotel and sharing your feedback. I am glad you enjoyed our Backyard (outdoor space) and location. I apologize that you were not pleased with the room cleanliness. That isn't okay and I'm not sure how we missed it, but I will take action to be sure it isn't repeated.

I am glad our staff treated you well, they always appreciate the shout out. I know 40,000 points is a lot, enjoying the downtown locations is usually more points than our suburban hotels and hopefully worth it.

Hope you'll return to Philly and our hotel soon!

Safe travels,

Reviewed September 25, 2021 via mobile

This is the best service I’ve received at any hotel and I’ve been traveling from Miami - California - Texas - New York ( Manhattan) and arrived in Philadelphia on Tuesday. HANDS DOWN BEST!!! The entire team including Kiyona , Ranita , Misha and Monique made my stay amazing and I felt right at home. Thank You Aloft Hotels

Date of stay: September 2021
Trip type: Traveled on business

y0,

Wow, thanks for the 5 STAR review. This is now my favorite review and I can't wait to share it with our associates! They always appreciate the recognition by guests!

Like the shampoo bottle says: Lather, rinse, repeat! Hope you'll come back again!