Riverview Hotel(St. Marys)
US$84
US$80
Cumberland Island Inn & Suites(St. Marys)(Great Value!)
Free cancellation until 08/04
US$83
BestWestern.com
Free cancellation until 08/03
US$55
All reviewscumberland islandpicnic lunchhomemade granolab bswonderful hostsrocking chairsshort walkpacked lunchspent two nightsbreakfast was deliciouscookiesthird floortwo night stayeach morninga wonderful staybagelsliving room
Reviewed 2 April 2018

You won't find more friendly hosts than Mary and her husband. They have owned Spencer house for over 20 years and their experience shows in every way. They pay close attention to all the little details that make staying her special. They have plenty of advice on how to enjoy the surrounding area including Cumberland Island. They also prepare a to-go lunch to take on your island visit. Breakfast includes an assortment of juices, pastries, coffee, tea and each day's hot breakfast selection. The rooms are large and very comfortable. WiFi and TV service is present but enjoy the technology break and just sit out on the veranda and enjoy the peace & quiet of St. Marys.

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 2 April 2018

As part of a three week road trip I visited St. Mary's, Georgia and stayed four nights at the Spencer House Inn B&B. I was visiting my Son and Daughter-in-law at nearby King's Bay Naval Base, but I did not want to stay at a hotel chain. From my first telephone call to procure the reservation, to check-in, to an amazing breakfast each morning I was made to feel right at home. Mary, the proprietor and gracious hostess makes you feel welcome and right at home. Breakfast each morning was a different treat - peach bread pudding with pecans, orange french toast, egg & sausage scramble - yummy! Plus there was a side buffet with all of the fixings including: cold cereals, hot oatmeal, home made breakfast breads, coffee, teas and juices.

One unusual feature, that I have never found at any other B&B, is an elevator. As my room was on the 3rd floor, and like most older, historic buildings the stairs are steep, this was a quite pleasant surprise!

There is a nice waterfront in St.Mary's and I understand from guests that I spoke with that a trip to Cumberland Island was well worth the ferry ride over, but I chose to spend my time with Family - perhaps next time. And the next time I will be back at Spencer House accompanied by my wife!

• Stayed: March 2018, traveled solo
Reviewed 31 March 2018

Comfortable room with great pillows, good breakfast, warm welcoming hosts. Wide front porches very condosive to meeting other guests, or having your own quiet space. St, Marys is a sweet little town, with good low country food. And Cumberland Island is a must see.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 25 March 2018 via mobile

What a fantastic b&b, from the moment we walked in the door we felt at home, room was very comfortable, spotlessly clean, and attention to detail first class.
Breakfast was also not to be missed with home made muffins delicious.
We visited Cumberland island and Mary very kindly gave us a great lunch in a cool bag, just the job!
All in all I would re visit in a flash !

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
Reviewed 20 March 2018 via mobile

The staff was incredibly friendly and accommodating. Rooms were clean, towels were always fresh, food was delicious. Would highly recommend this hidden gem and will return in the future!! Thanks to all the friendly staff for making our first vacation as a family of four so special!

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family