Open today: Closed
Review Highlights
Enjoyable day worth the drive

Pleasantly surprised. Passed the big yellow sign several times on my travels along Route 15. I... read more

Reviewed 1 week ago
jln1992
Pennsylvania
A fun day but not inexpensive

Reviewed 4 weeks ago

from US$15.00
from US$60.00
from US$350.00
More Info
All reviews safari ride feed the animals big cats fallow deer bengal tiger day trip well taken care wide variety camel zoo goats feeding babies shade granddaughter membership keeper
Selected filters
Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Four of us including our young grandson visited the wildlife park today. Even with a discount coupon we paid $80 for basic admission. The Safari ride would have added $17 per person to the total. We did not add that option.
The area included in the basic admission did include a good number of exotic animals with many from Tasmania or Australia. The displays were user friendly and we were able to see most of the animals very well.
The visit was Monday morning on a school day, so it was not crowded at all.

It was a bit confusing to know where all of the pathways were headed. We did have a map, but we’re still not sure where we were exactly at times. Perhaps the paths could be named like streets and displayed on map by street names??

We could have packed a picnic lunch, and should have since the Safari Cafe was closed. The only food options in the wildlife park were candy and soda vending machines. There were a couple of picnic groves with tables and shade. Be sure to pack a table cloth and/or disinfecting wipes to clean tables and seating.

There were some restrooms throughout the park and there were porta-potties at several locations. There were hand wash stations with foot pumps and soap near the areas where kids could feed the animals. There were also many hand sanitizer stations throughout the park.

I do understand that it is expensive to feed and care for the many species of birds and animals in the park and the facility is privately owned and financed. The animals all seemed very healthy and well fed. So the $80 doesn’t bother me as much as the additional $16.95 to do the safari tour.

We may return, but our visits will not be frequent. And, we will bring a picnic lunch when we return.

Date of experience: August 2021
Reviewed 16 August 2021

Today was our first time visiting the Catoctin Wildlife Preserve and we had a wonderful time. Enjoyed walking around and watching the animals. Loved the alligator feeding time. We took the Safari Ride and fed all of the animals. Enjoyed watching all of the children on the ride feeding the animals as well. We will definitely be returning for many more visits.

Date of experience: August 2021
1  Thank sss521
Reviewed 5 August 2021

My 10 year old grandson and I were there on the 26th. We thought the safari ride was great, loved seeing the animals up close and personal. Feeding them was a hoot!! We even had a camel come charging the wagons, he/she didn't run into it was just excited to get fed. It was well worth it. The birds were so beautiful. Just wish we could have gotten closer to the monkey/

Reviewed 25 July 2021 via mobile

My husband n I took our 3 and 4 year old granddaughters here this past Friday…. we had a GREAT time however we were very disappointed that we weren’t able to see the larger animals without paying an extra $70 for the Safari ride on top of the $90 that it cost to get in! Will NOT be going again!

Reviewed 25 July 2021

Last time I was here was four years ago and it was great place to take my then 13 and 15 year olds (and I took them also when they were toddlers). It has grown up with more animals and they now have a food station that sells everything from drinks to custom order sandwiches like hotdogs, grilled cheese, bratwurst, etc. Lots of picnic tables and benches throughout. And tons of shade!! My now teens love this place! Great place for young and old, strollers, walkers, toddlers, grandparents. Very manageable to get around.