2,023 results
All reviews wj hotel great location times square new york petite room central park hell's kitchen rooms are small the theater district quiet street single room within walking distance around the corner front desk staff standard room few blocks subway station
Reviewed 3 April 2018

We chose this place because the prices were so reasonable. My wife and I stayed here for 2 nights - it was initially 3 but we needed to cancel a day in the middle. Omar, the desk supervisor was extremely helpful and even upgraded us for our second night! The first room - a basic queen room - was small but quite comfortable, while the second - a king size bed - was more spacious with a nicer bathroom. Excellent value! We were worried that the room would be noisy at night but the window looked out on a central courtyard and was very quiet.

• Trip type: Traveled as a couple
Jenny S, Front Office Manager at Washington Jefferson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 4 April 2018

Dear Peter ,

Thank you for choosing the Washington Jefferson Hotel. I appreciate the amazing review. Thank you for mentioning the Hotel staff. I hope we have the opportunity to welcome you back.

Reviewed 3 April 2018

My niece and I stayed here for one night on a flying visit to NYC, primarily because the rate was so good. Great location, friendly staff on reception - I loved it that there were no long checkout queues to hold us up. The twin-bedded room was small but very clean, lovely white fluffy towels in the bathroom, great shower and fresh white bed linen. Unfortunately the beds appeared to be mattresses on strange wooden bases and were very uncomfortable but overall I think this hotel is great value for money. We were able to leave our bags with the concierge after checkout as our departure was later that evening.

Trip type: Traveled with family
Jenny S, Front Office Manager at Washington Jefferson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Dear Jane,

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your recent stay. There is no one better to judge our performance than you, our guest. We have made great efforts to create an environment of comfort and sophistication for our guests.

On behalf of the hotel’s management team we thank you for patronage.

We look forward to welcoming you back to the Washington Jefferson Hotel.

Reviewed 31 March 2018

My room was in the older part of the hotel. Honestly the only things I did not like was that the elevator was painfully slow and that the hallways smelled like smoke. But inside the room everything was fine. I was on the 4th floor. There was no street noise. Everything in the room worked like it was supposed to, including the hot water in the shower. Yes, the room was small but that is normal for the city. If you just go to the room to sleep and shower then the size of the room is not really important. There is an abundance of food nearby and several different subway lines within a few blocks. The broadway theaters are just blocks away. The hotel staff was excellent.

• Trip type: Traveled with family

Dear Pandalad,
We are sorry to hear that your recent stay did not turn out the way you expected. On a more positive note we are happy to know that you still had a great time. Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 31 March 2018 via mobile

Staff overall are lovely. I made the mistake of asking to leave my bag over night - when my flight was changed. Manager lost her cool and after making me wait 15 minutes for an answer started to talk to me as if I had asked for a free meal. Rooms are really tiny so if there is more than one of you ensure you one will need to sit on the bed as there is no space in the room.

Trip type: Traveled on business

Dear Ali,

We would like to extend a sincere apology for any inconvenience you experience during your stay with us, this situation has been rectified. We do appreciate your feedback and look forward to seeing you again.

Sincerely yours,

Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

Stayed here for four nights. Staff on front desk were helpful and friendly. They booked me a taxi back to the airport which was a relief and much cheaper than yellow cab prices! The room was small but clean. bathroom a good size and perfect for our busy stay. located near to the theatres and times square. Only thing I didn’t like was the strange smell which lingered on level three where we stayed. it didn’t smell good and this was slightly off putting. apart from that we would definitely recommend staying here!

Trip type: Traveled with friends
Laura Z, Front Office Manager at Washington Jefferson Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 31 March 2018

Dear Amy,

Thank you so much for selecting WJ Hotel and sharing a review of your stay. We are so glad to read that you enjoyed your room accommodation, our services and the prime location of the hotel. We would be honored to welcome you again for your next trip to NYC . Make sure to check on our website for great deals and to contact the hotel prior to your arrival so we can select the most accommodating room for your stay.

Kind regards,