Wellington Hotel
Like saving money? We search up to 200 sites for the lowest prices
Park Central Hotel New York(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
  • Fitness center
The Manhattan Club(New York City)
  • Bar/Lounge
Carnegie Hotel(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
WestHouse Hotel New York(New York City)
  • Breakfast included
The London NYC(New York City)
  • Restaurant
Dream Midtown(New York City)
  • Restaurant
The Blakely New York(New York City)
Courtyard(New York City)
View Hotel
Park Hyatt New York(New York City)
  • Room Service
7,289 results
All reviewspark cafecentral parktimes squarenew yorkgreat locationcarnegie hallsubway stationan older hotelbit datedfew blockshotel roomupgraded to a suitestatue of libertyrockefeller centerbig applestreet noiseavenue
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 9, 2017

I saw the 2 bedroom suite and stayed in a king room. Both were in good condition with plenty of room. The bathrooms are tiny compared to new hotels but adequate. The location is the main selling point. You have a subway station just outside the side entrance and another about a 3 minute walk. The staff was helpful and welcoming.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends
2  Thank 0144
Reviewed December 9, 2017 via mobile

We stayed at the wellington last weekend to celebrate my mum's 60th! We had an amazing time, we first visited in 2010 and had no problem in booking to stay here again.
I emailed to say it was for a special occasion and was given an upgrade to a beautiful 2 bed suite all brand new and very comfy beds with brilliant pillows. Also was given chocolate and wine - perfect!
The reception staff were friendly as were all the bellmen who helped us upon arrival and departure.
The hotel has a brilliant location on 7th avenue in the middle of central park and times square. We found a lovely deli over the road too for a wonderful breakfast with a warm welcome. It was called la olivia or something along those lines. The subway is local too!
I would definitely recommend the wellington and when i return for my 4th visit to New York in the future this hotel will be the place I stay. Thank you!

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank nicolaw1985
Reviewed December 8, 2017

Our flight arrived 5 hours late, we were tired, stressed and accidentally put into a room with one queen bed when we'd already paid for a room with two..back down to reception I went (it's now almost 2am & I am trying to muster what's left of my smiles for the gorgeous young Zac)
Zac tells me that sadly there are no more double-doubles or double-queens left in the hotel (PANIC!!) BUT...suddenly like a brilliant beautiful magician we are upgraded and spend the next 10 nights in a glorious 2 bedroom suite at no extra charge NONE!..NADA..ZILCH
I am a seasoned traveler and never in my wildest dreams did I imagine this would happen to ME in NYC!
OK the suite was a bit old and one of the wardrobes had a slightly dodgy door and sometimes the toilet 'ran on' a bit after flushing but hey, it's New York and it's an older hotel & that's life BUT at the end of every long hard day we got to lie on our own huge beds in our own HUGE rooms watching our OWN huge TV's..calling out stuff to each other like 'hey, want some of my corn chips?' LOL or 'Gee, should I have a long hot bath?' aaahh!
This was my 4th visit to my fave city in the entire world and THIS hotel made it simply magnificent! The locale is second to none, the staff are incredible and the facilities pretty cool too.
Molyvos, the Greek restaurant attached is pricey but very special and worth at least one flash-out meal - really divine! There are plenty of variety stores and eateries in the area & a huge wholefoods with in easy reach about 5 mins walk away @ Columbus circle.
Times Square is a 5 min walk in one direction and Central Park 5 mins walk in the other. If you want something high tech flashy & fancy then don't stay here but if you want a taste of NYC Art Deco and high romance then don't miss The Wellington!
Oh and to get free wifi for your entire stay all you have to do is ask nicely at the desk..worked for me! (don't know where all the negative reviews are coming from!)
Only negative I can report is the horridly rude female in the City sightseeing tour booking desk which is down stairs from the hotel - it is not part of the hotel but really dampened our experience. complaints were made and refunds by that company were given..full separate review on that experience to come!
Anyway back to the divine Wellington..the hotel itself is gorgeous, decor romantic and staff fab...will absolutely return. Thanks Zac, you are amazing! :)

Room Tip: Ask for a higher floor to avoid street noise
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
3  Thank Sandra B
Reviewed December 7, 2017 via mobile

The best thing about this hotel is its central location. The hotel itself is adequate for just somewhere to fall into bed at the end of a long day of sightseeing. This was my second visit to the hotel, my first was 11 years ago, and it hasn't changed one bit since back then. So it does seem a little dated and could do with a bit of a freshen up. Saying that I found it clean and tidy.

We were checked in and out quickly and given free wifi. Staff are ok, I don't think they are rude, just extremely busy trying to get through all the people.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
Reviewed December 7, 2017

I stayed here for one evening, a Friday in December. The hotel is conveniently located in the theatre district but is a little bit worn. The check-in process was slow. The elevators are small and slow. The wifi in the room was very poor / unavailable -- I was only able to connect once during my stay -- at 1am! The bathroom is TINY. The worst part -- the bedroom was uncomfortably warm -- I was unable to control the temperature and even opening the window overnight didn't cool it off enough. The best part -- the bellhop was very helpful when I needed to store and retrieve my suitcase. There are better options for the price, nearly $300/night. :(

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with friends