“Close to Tokyo taste”

Cuisines: Japanese
Neighborhood: Yorkville
Neighborhood: Yorkville
Reviewed January 13, 2016 via mobile

If you haven't been to Japan and taste the ramen there this is already good enough. But because you're in New York the price is a little higher. I had naruto ramen. Satisfied!

Reviewed January 4, 2016 via mobile

We stopped in this place on our last night in NYC. It seemed like an interesting idea for a restaurant (dedicated to Ramen style soups) and I was curious to give it a try. I was pleased. The menu was not easy to understand but the waitresses and others there helped me. We got good service and met some cool people that were also eating there. We were staying nearby so I got my food to go. I actually cannot say that I recognized everything that was in my soup but it was really really good. Large portion as well. Reasonable price. This is a cool experience. Give it a try.

Date of visit: November 2015
1  Thank GypsySoulSC
Reviewed December 24, 2015

I have wanted to have lunch here for ages. Naruto Ramen is very popular - especially at lunchtime - so there is often a lengthy wait...but not today! It's lunch counter seating only which adds to the fun of eating here. The special lunch menu has several ramen choices and offers several appealing side dishes to go with it. I ordered the Miso Ramen which is soy bean based noodle soup with beansprout, fish cake, butter, roasted pork, boiled egg, scallion, corn and bamboo shoot. I asked for extra hot and spicy and they took me seriously! My side dish choice was chicken in a very delicious sauce over white rice. Lots of fun watching the cooks prepare it all. Both the cooks and the two very helpful servers looked like they were enjoying themselves as much as the eighteen of us happily having lunch. Realizing that I was a first-timer, the two lovely servers went out of their way to explain my choices and to insure that I was satisfied throughout. Very nice! I guess I came at the right time since the line was quite long by the time I left...and now I see exactly why. This is a great lunch. I have a big appetite and I could not finish it all. Prices are extremely reasonable. This is a winner and I'm glad it's in my neighborhood on the Upper Eastside of Manhattan.

2  Thank RBJoelson
Reviewed December 22, 2015

Sit at the crowded counter and watch the chefs prepare excellent and well priced ramen. We love the environment and enjoy watching the chefs prepare the ramen. Check out the steaming, hug pot of broth with big chunks of pork and chicken. Prepare to wait at peak times as there are no more than 18 stools.

1  Thank tdcCT
Reviewed December 18, 2015 via mobile

So, so good. I added the pork and egg to the veggie Ramen and so much food wow. Super friendly staff, great food, would always return. Came here for lunch just as they opened so no wait but it got busy so be warned. Nothing like it on a cold day!

Date of visit: November 2015