Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
530Gypsy
Redding, California

Worth a try

4.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 28, 2023
First time using this lovely hotel but not my last. Small hotel with excellent rooms and service. Unfurtenatelly, restaurant was closed so we took a chance to eat at the bar. Not worth it, food was mediocre at best except the French fries.

Rooms were clean and spacious with plenty of amenities. Concierge and front desk people were friendly. A lovely place to come and stay.
Date of stay: February 2017
    ₱6,256
    ₱5,988
1.8 km from Hotel Plaza Athenee
View more hotels in New York City
See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed April 13, 2021

I booked a room through DayUse.com at a hotel where they had exceeded their booking allotment. In other words DayUse booked a room for me that they were not authorized to book. Naturally, when I arrived the hotel did not honor my DayUse reservation. I had to pay an extra $110.93 over the $90 booking price quoted by DayUse for a total of $200.93. DayUse took NO responsibility and has refused to refund anything to me. DayUse is incompetent and dishonest. Buyer Beware!

Date of stay: April 2021
3  Thank johnmZ8256CB
Reviewed March 20, 2020 via mobile

Perfectly located, attentive service, quaint and elegantly decorated; this hotel has it all.
It’s surrounded by all the best stores/restaurants and is so close to Central Park, that you really get everything you need in Manhattan near one place! Looking forward to our next stay!

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
2  Thank GabbyE55
DavidI_Cohen, General Manager at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded March 21, 2020

Thank you for your comments about the Plaza Athenee New York. We will let the entire team know about your thoughts. We look forward to your next visit to our property.

Reviewed February 21, 2020

Wonderful location, perfect size for personalized service. From the people who are at the door (Angel y José), Mr. Cook in concierge, to the manager and those of the restaurant, maids..... all are willing to help with a lovely attitud. They make you feel at home. The restaurant offers very good food (Sr. Gomes). Absolutely and happily convinced to return to the Plaza Athénée.

Date of stay: February 2020
3  Thank LaEleonora2019
DavidI_Cohen, General Manager at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded February 21, 2020

Thank you for your lovely comments about the Plaza Athenee New York. We will let the entire team know about your thoughts. We look forward to your next visit to NYC and your home away from home.

Reviewed February 14, 2020 via mobile

The location on the upper west side is excellent (just off Madison Ave shopping and an easy walk to 5th Ave shopping). The staff is amazing. They really pay attention to each guest and all of the details. The decor is dated. The rooms are dated. The bathroom is hard to use (toilets and sinks way too low, too small, old showers). The room size is good for NY. The bar is stuffy. I felt old staying here.

Date of stay: February 2020
Trip type: Traveled as a couple
2  Thank 654robertf654
DavidI_Cohen, General Manager at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded February 18, 2020

Thank you for your comments.

Reviewed February 14, 2020

When closing the account and asking about many taxes in the city of NY on the hotel bill, the employee who refused to say the name said in an imprecise and ironic way that it was all the luxury that was consumed in NY and that was why it was that way. A technically wrong explanation. The right thing would be to say what each tax was. On the contrary, when asked about charges proven wrong in the account, he avoided and said he was going to call the director. Mr Dimitri came to answer it. In principle polite. When I asked the same question he was more assertive and less arrogant. I replied saying that there were a lot of taxes and that his employee who attended to me before seemed like the only person I saw who liked to pay taxes and must be a Democrat. Mr Dimitri in a rude attitude said that I was not allowed to talk about politics
As if giving me orders and a church sermon for something very banal that would be a daily thing, as elephants are heavy and eagles are fast. Quickly I as a frequent guest that I had serious and serious problems during my stay, facts that he knows, but it is not necessary to comment because they were compensated by the hotel. This is not the case for now. I felt doubly insulted because I was mocked by a petulant employee with rich snob attitude - I don't know if he has so much money because he works as a hotel employee and does not have his own business - and because there was an authoritarian tone. Where in America is it forbidden exercise my free speech and in this case about politics, which is a free subject?!?
Mr Dimitri wanted to give orders about the conversation but did not reprehend his abusive employee or show concern for my disappointment saying that he did not care what his bosses would think of it because he was far above the bosses themselves and therefore as if he were in the owner of the hotel and not a employee .

Date of stay: January 2020
2  Thank Marcello G
DavidI_Cohen, General Manager at Hotel Plaza Athenee, responded to this reviewResponded February 14, 2020

Thank you for your comments.