Contact accommodation for availability.
There are similar hotels available.
Aurora0606
Dubai, United Arab Emirates

New York Luxury

Review of The Surrey
5.0 of 5 bubblesReviewed Aug 18, 2022
I LOVE the Surrey! I used to live in NY and this beautiful East side boutique hotel is the epitome of upper east side. Every time I visit I love staying here. Beautiful memories here throughout the years. Location is key, and this is walking distance to the train and right on central park.
Date of stay: October 2021
    ₱9,946
2.6 km from The Surrey
View more hotels in New York City
2,366 results
All reviews upper east side central park new york room service boutique hotel murray luxury manhattan
Selected filters
Reviewed July 7, 2022

We arrived very late and the check-in staff handed us warmed towels. They delivered complimentary champagne to our suite before we entered the room, incredible customer service. Next to Central Park. Incredibly romantic hotel with high fashion vibe. The french restaurant downstairs was superb, also some evening they had live jazz. The best place to stay Manhatten.

Date of stay: November 2021
Reviewed July 17, 2020

I've enjoyed previous stays at the Surrey so I prepaid $3,678.03 for a reservation for June 11th on January 12th. Nancy Padolina (Director of Reservations & Distribution) notified me on June 2th that they had suspended operations due to COVID-19. I immediately requested a refund. She eventually responded on the date of my reservation that she would "follow up on this request with our Financial Team." After numerous phone calls I have received no response other than an email on the date of my reservation suggesting that their advance purchase policy meant that I had lost all of my money. This is despicable, especially for an establishment that continues to advertise flexible cancellations due to the virus. Be VERY careful!

Date of stay: June 2020
8  Thank AJBehrens
Reviewed April 30, 2020 via mobile

I had the pleasure of staying at The Surrey in the early part of March to celebrate my birthday. This was my first time at the hotel and definitely will not be my last. From the very beginning, I was connected with Leilani Santiago, the guest relations manager. Saying she was excellent is an understatement. She ensured every need was met from dining and transportation needs to having some nice very (and thoughtful) birthday surprises placed in my room. Upon check in and check out, it was a very seamless and enjoyable stay.
So thanks to Leilani and the entire staff for your thoughtful and very professional service.

Best ... Troy

Date of stay: March 2020
Trip type: Traveled with family
4  Thank Millby40
Reviewed April 15, 2020 via mobile

The location is perfecto! One of the safest places in the Upper East size. It is very convenient for shopping, and the famous Central Park is relatively close! Classic architecture with the old world charm. The breakfast is good as the title suggests. The room is really beautiful and spacious, elegant and clean, the bed is very comfortable, too much, is a city view room, perfect scenery. The doorman at is particularly welcoming! The bedroom area is average sized, but the bathroom is massive! The hotel lobby is connected to a restaurant that looks very popular, but we have not tried it because there are many supermarket restaurants around! Ask the front desk with a room of your preference. The Taiwanese restaurant nearby which is recommended too!

Date of stay: May 2019
Trip type: Traveled with family
3  Thank thegymlad
Reviewed March 22, 2020

A charming, art deco style traditional beautiful hotel. Beautiful rooms, mine had widows to three directions. Very good service. Style!
The only criticism could be that the bar was, at least on Saturday night, both very noisy and very dark, not comfortable for an old-fashioned person.
And of course, the location is perfect.
Most certainly, I want to be back!

One more piece of information: A very nice restaurant, particularly for breakfast but also other meals just round the corner on Madison, Three Guys.

Date of stay: March 2020