“Great location. Great pool. No hip or chic restaurants. Some room issues.”
Review of Parker New York

Parker New York
Ranked #267 of 473 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 28, 2017

The lobby is stylish and inviting. The room was small but well equipped and the bathroom was a tiny bit better than comparable hotels nearby. There is no water, tea or coffee in the room. If I wanted to order one via room service I would end up paying $16 for hot tea which is just silly.

I had great time at the pool (great views and very relaxing).
The breakfast is extremely expensive. Pancakes or french toast are $28 before tax or tip. Just go around the corner to Europa Cafe next to Carnegie to get awesome in very reasonable food.

I had to get a code to get free internet in the room (I am an SPG member).

Overall, a good and pleasant stay.

• Stayed: October 2017, traveled solo
Write a ReviewReviews (5,727)

Reviewed December 28, 2017

We spent 2 nights on a pleasure trip to Manhattan and this location is the perfect home away from home. Lovely hotel, really helpful and friendly staff. Fast elevators, wonderful intimate cocktail lounge. The only thing missing is coffee in the room. I highly recommend this hotel. Our room on the 18th floor was very spacious, really quiet and completely comfortable.

Room Tip: Far end of the hall away from the elevator.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

Cannot be worse: old rooms, with very poor service (even there was no a bottle of water), bad views (just the building in front), in a noisy suite in a four stars hotel where any minor service was missing... Bad choice

Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
2  Thank Eladio L
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Parker New York, responded to this reviewResponded December 28, 2017

Dear Eladio L.

I am very sorry your stay is not going well. I see you are currently still in the hotel. I wish we had made you feel comfortable enough to address your concerns with us directly so we could have resolved them faster! The guest relations manager will be reaching out shortly.

Thank you for your feedback, now let us help :)

Have a good one!

Jon Dietrich
Guest Communications

Reviewed December 27, 2017 via mobile

I am SPG Platinum - I stay in SPG properties often and I’m an experienced traveler - sharing this information for scope of this review - I’ve found that many times poor online reviews of properties from other guests aren’t entirely accurate. I read the (many bad) reviews of this property prior to booking - and decided to try it anyhow. I should’ve heeded the advice and not booked, as in this case the poor reviews are absolutely accurate. I checked in and checked right out.

I arrived shortly after 3pm (check in time) and had to wait until nearly 6pm for my room to be ready - an “upgraded” room I was told. Upon entering the room, I found a room that was dated, poorly cleaned, and in disrepair. Sensing that after waiting for 3 hours on this room and the lack of care the hotel had exhibited thus far, I immediately called SPG directly to share my concerns and rebook at my tried-and-trusted W Union Square. When bringing the matter to the attention of the front desk management that the experience was sub par, I was told that I would be charged for one night - the period of time to cancel had passed - understood - but also waiting 3+ hours to check in to a sub par room is no way to treat a highly loyal guest. I was in the room for perhaps 10 min. As I departed and dropped by the front desk to leave keys, I noticed that seemingly every waiting customer was complaining of terribly long check in times (accurate) and poor service (also accurate). One woman with her family shared with me nearly the same experience. I’m posting just one photo of the poor quality room - also of note is dirty bath tile, broken desk chair.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
5  Thank Jody K

Dear Jody K.

Sorry we are not the hotel for you. I am sure you can imagine, as you mention being one yourself, when a Platinum guest requests a late check-out it does delay the arrive time for the next guest. I hope your visit to the W was enjoyable. I'm confident if you had stayed longer than 10 minutes, we would have been able to ensure your stay was enjoyable and would have happily resolved any room concerns.

Have a good one!

Jon Dietrich
guestrelations@parkernewyork.com

Reviewed December 24, 2017

I spent 4 nights during a business trip.
The localization is perfect if you need to go to Columnia University as if you want to visit south Manhattan.
Service is professional and you can grab a breakfast easily in the street.
The craziest point of the Hotel is the swimming pool with an awesome view on Central Park. If you love beautifull swimming pool, you need to go there and ordered a drink.
My only regret is about the comfort of the room. Quite good, no specific problem, but only some little points like storages, control of A.C. Nothing bad just could be better.
Finaly, I totally recommend the Hotel