“Best location, beautiful hotel, incredible views”
Review of Parker New York

Parker New York
Ranked #269 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 7, 2017

Located near Central Park, the Meridien was incredible. The views were spectacular - especially if you could see over the park. The entrance to the hotel is very grand but when you get in the elevators there are cartoons playing on the small TVs. There is a quirky feel to the entire hotel even with the luxury.

Room Tip: A view overlooking Central Park is worth it. Need to be high up enough though.
  • Stayed: February 2017, traveled on business
Write a ReviewReviews (5,707)

Reviewed December 6, 2017

My husband and I stayed here for a weekend birthday trip for me. We used points for our stay and an upgrade..So mind you the price usually associated did not cloud my review. The upgrade did not feel like much of an upgrade with a tiny bathroom and room in general but the worst part it was situated near the service elevator across the hall and you could here it running all night long and all morning through the 2 walls across the hallway. We also used the pool, which is much smaller than pictured and without the few is nothing special. IT was fine for a points stay but probably would choose to stay somewhere else near this location next time.
That being said the location was great, right next to to Carnegie hall and several subway stations. No car was needed on this trip. We almost exclusively walked or took the subway.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Tina J
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Parker New York, responded to this reviewResponded December 10, 2017

Dear Tina J,

Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts about your stay. I'm very sorry that the complimentary upgrade to a Tower Parkview room overlooking Central Park was not to your liking. My colleagues chose a room with a nice view that was situated away from the elevator. I'm very surprised to read that you could hear the elevator on the other side of the building, several doors down. We do our best to provide a quiet and peaceful environment, but it's simply not possible to prevent all noise from reaching the rooms. I was also disappointed to read that our rooftop pool did not meet your expectations. In cities with more space, pools are not very special, but in New York, a rooftop pool of any size with a beautiful view of Central Park is a very rare and precious thing. I'm very sorry that you did not enjoy it.
I regret that we were not a good fit for you, but wish you all the best in your future travels.

Guest Communications

Reviewed December 5, 2017

No coffee available in room. A single cup of coffee at the coffee bar costs $7.62, that is just silly, especially with a Starbucks across the street.
I heard people complaining about breakfast prices such as $28.00 for oatmeal and $30.00 for pancakes.
My bar bill for 4 drinks goes like this - 2 glasses of sauvignon blanc $44.00, 1 light beer draft $15.00 (really??) and on glass pinot grigio $21.00
While check in experience and room quality was positive, the prices for food and beverages left a bad taste in my mouth (pun intended). Consequently, I will not be recommending Le Parker Meridien to friends.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled on business
1  Thank Jeff L

Dear Jeff L,

Thanks for staying with us and for sharing your thoughts. I'm very sorry that the prices on our room service menu and in our bar upset you. Room Service is a luxury service of convenience; you can't really compare room service prices to those you'd find in quick-serve restaurants. Food and beverage outlets in hotels are quite a bit more expensive to run than normal restaurants for a variety of reasons. Our food and beverage prices are on par with those of other hotels in the area. The hotel is located minutes away from hundreds and hundreds of restaurants with a great variety of cuisines and prices to suit any budget. Our Concierge team is always happy to help with recommendations.
Thanks again. We hope you'll consider staying with us again sometime.

Reviewed December 5, 2017 via mobile

This was our 2nd stay here and probably our last. Nothing too outstanding to report which is both not good and i suppose not bad.

Check-in was a cluster: arrived around 3:00 PM on a Thursday to a lobby full of people and an indistinguishable “line”. No rhyme or reason to the check in process and had to basically push yourself to the front of the line. The hotel probably needs a better system during busy check in hours like this....NOT a good first impression.

As gold status holders we were given an upgraded room which meant a view of Central Park. We would of much rather have had a larger room like the last time but oh well. It was my birthday weekend and my husband made sure to call ahead to make this notation but no gesture what so ever from the hotel. It’s “misses” like this that really irk me....how difficult is to make any type of effort to do something nice for a repeat guest?? Apparently very difficult at this hotel.

Yes, the hotel is dated. The lobby and knave bar seem cool but the rooms are in desperate need of a face lift—-heck forget the facelift and how about just a deep, thorough cleaning??!! Although house keeping did a good job tidying up the room and bathroom, someone needs to come thru and actually clean the rooms. Dirty hangers, dirty lamps and curtains, marks on the walls, etc. It’s actually really gross when you think about it.

We will boon elsewhere next time. It seems management has become complacent with being a mediocre establishment. No real effort anywhere.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Dratti
ParkerGuestRelations, Guest Relations Manager at Parker New York, responded to this reviewResponded December 8, 2017

Dear Dratti,

Thank you for staying with us again. I'm very disappointed to read that your stay did not live up to your expectations. Gold level members receive an upgrade to one room category higher than the one they've booked, based on availability. Because you booked our lowest category of room, this would have been a Tower room without a view, but in recognition of your special birthday visit, we upgraded you to a Tower Parkview room on a high floor overlooking Central Park. I'm very sorry to see that this gesture was not received in the same spirit with which it was given.
Our rooms are definitely not new, but they are very clean. We have exciting changes planned for our rooms for the very near future that I believe you will enjoy. I hope you will reconsider staying with us again sometime in the future.

Guest Communications

Reviewed December 5, 2017

The Parker is a nice hotel, nice location, nice bar attached, i saw a lot of business people working on their laptops and having a martini. The elevators have old tom and jerry cartoons and charlie chaplin, so the kids like that. There is a pool on the penthouse floor, the negative is the kids have to shower off prior to entering the pool. I would say it is more of a lap pool for exercise than a play pool for kids.

They have a dry bar connected, a mens shave shop, and a very popular burger joint.

Service is good, and it is an easy walk to Central Park, the subway, and nice restaurants.

Room Tip: Park views
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family