“Wonderful deli”
Review of Sadelle's

Sadelle's
Reserve with OpenTable
Sadelle's is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #365 of 14,524 Restaurants in New York City
Neighborhood: SoHo
Neighborhood: SoHo
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Excellent place and atmosphere. I go there each time I am in town. Bagels, lox, matzo soup. Love it.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago

We had our brunch on a Monday morning, which explains why Sadelle's wasn't stuffed to the rafters, as I hear it is on weekends. No wonder. The bagels made on the premises in a glassed-in special area are the best I have ever tasted. Now I know why people talk about New York bagels as in a class by themselves. I wisely chose the simple salt and pepper bagel. It comes perfectly toasted on a plate w/ lettuce, tomatoes, cucumbers, lemons and capers. The main filling then comes on a tiered tower, which in our case was a combination of delicate smoked salmon slices with chives or tarragon. The tubs of cream cheese are plain or with chives. Once the bagel half is loaded, the freshness, springiness, and succulence are not to be believed. The busy wait staff can be counted to replenish the veggie accoutrements. The one dissenter in our crowd had french toast, which was thick, crusty, light but devastating. I don't even remember the cost of the brunch, but it was worth every cent.

1  Thank sally60713
Reviewed 2 weeks ago

Came here for brunch and had a wonderful time! Our waiter was wonderful and the food was great! I got the salmon eggs benedict and a bagel with cream cheese and it was delicious. Everyone at our table got a bagel to start which was perfect to go along with our meals. I highly recommend this restaurant for any occasion!

1  Thank megan5T
Reviewed 3 weeks ago

Sadelle’s certainly has a nice vibe and very good service. Having said that, we’ve been to every breakfast spot in NYC and, wow, for what you get the prices are ridiculous. The “eggs any style” comes with actually very good smashed roasted potatoes but why such a heaping truckload of potatoes dumped onto your plate? Really odd. It seemed like I ordered potatoes, with a dab of eggs. The bagels? Guys and gals, come to Montreal! I’d be interested to hear what you think. I was really, really disappointed in the NYC bagel if this is the yardstick here. A beautiful restaurant inside but nothing to bring us back.

Reviewed 4 weeks ago via mobile

Staff are very attentive and we had no difficulty getting a table.

Menu is limited but there is a variety of foods available. Staff are very friendly and offer suggestions when asked.

Prices are typical New York high but at the reasonable end.

We enjoyed our meal, conversation with the waitstaff and would recommend eating here.