All reviews times square great location new york penn station port authority small wardrobe the empire state building lower floor madison square garden few minutes walk yellow cab jfk airport cleaning staff coffee machine would stay again rooms were very clean stayed here for nights
Reviewed 2 April 2018 via mobile

We stayed here 4 nights, my husband and I. The location was spot on. The elevators took a reallllllly long time to arrive at our floor so we had to use the fire stairs numerous times after waiting over 5 mins for the lift only for it to be full. Not ideal if you have a disability where mobility is a issue as you could be waiting a while. The rooms are small but comfortable. The staff were helpful, however the night staff offered to book us a cab to the airport and instead booked an Uber unbeknownst to us. When the driver picked us up he gave cash to one of the front counter staff in a sly little hand move when he arrived. Very unprofessional. It cost us more than a cab which was quite annoying and we waited longer than it would have taken to hail one on the street. The driver drove really fast and did not appear concerned with passenger safety. I’d recommend this hotel based on location solely, just be very wary of the ‘helpful’ desk staff and their lack of professionalism.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Natalie B
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 3 April 2018

Hi Natalie B,

Thank you for your most recent review regarding your experience with us at the Holiday Inn Times Square. We apologize for any inconvenience you encountered and look forward to seeing you in the near future.

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Received this hotel choice when booking through Hotwire. Needed something close to Madison Square Garden and the Javits Center. Boy did we strike gold! Yes the rooms are a little smaller than what you would expect in some hotels, but this is Times Square, New York unless you want to pay $500 for a room this is what you get. That said, they were very well appointed with refrigerator and clean and exactly what we needed. We never had any problems with the elevators as stated by other reviewers. Yeah they get crowded but it makes for a more fun trip, right? The Crown Jewel of the hotel is its employees. We stayed for 2 nights and 3 days and they made us feel like family. Guest service agent Danny, was remarkable as was the gentleman, I feel bad that I didn't get his name, that stored our bags for the day of checkout. You really don't need to be this close to Times Square. Should you choose to stay elsewhere you can probably get something a little cheaper in a larger room. But, this hotel was perfect for our needs and location. May even consider staying again just for the amazing employee interaction.

Dear Carolyn D,

Thank you so much for taking the time to let us know how much you loved your stay with us! We are truly excited to know that you enjoyed every moment with us! We thank you for letting us know how well our team did and we have ensured to recognize them for the great work! We look forward to having you with us again!

Reviewed 30 March 2018

This hotel is in a wonderful location, right in the middle of Times Square. The rooms are small, but what isn't in NYC?? Very clean. Staff was amazing. I had read reviews and people had some issues with the elevators as there are only 2 and the hotel has about 30 floors. We did not have any issues, other than one day, one of the elevators was broken down, but it was fixed quickly. We never had to wait for an elevator for any unexpected amounts of time. I would highly recommend and if I every visit NYC again this will be my first choice for a hotel.

Room Tip: The room we had with a view was nice!! It was very loud at times though :)
  • Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family

Dear Fritamccall,

Thank you so much for your stunning review about our Holiday Inn! We are so pleased to know that you loved your visit and truly look forward to seeing you soon!

Until next time,

Reviewed 28 March 2018

Thanks to the east coast being closed because of snow, we arrived two days late after a stop in a warmer state on the way.
The front desk knew our names as we walked in and we're very friendly and helpful and always had good tips and info whenever we asked/stopped by.. We arrived at stupid o'clock in the morning and they gave us bottles of water and snacks too which was a nice touch as we'd spent the whole day travelling and didn't have anything with us.
They were always genuinely friendly, always said hello/goodbye every time they saw us, which must get tedious after a while because it's a very busy hotel.
We had two rooms, yes a little small but perfect for what we needed, we only really showered and slept there.
It's the prefect distance to Times Square and multiple subway stations but the street it's on can get pretty crowded.

I would give 5 stars if the elevators were better. We were only on the 10th floor and I could walk up and down no problem but my parents are older and that's simply not an option, even at non busy times we would have to wait for two or three elevators and they take forever to go up and down. On the last morning we had to go separately with our luggage and 8 full elevators went past before I could even attempt to squeeze in one which meant I waited almost half an hour to get one, which is a joke.

Other than that we had a great extra-mini break here.

Stayed: March 2018, traveled with family
Michael G, Manager at Holiday Inn New York City - Times Square, responded to this reviewResponded 29 March 2018

Dear Helen L,

Thank you for your latest review about your experience here at the Holiday Inn Times Square! We are pleased to know that you enjoyed your stay and we look forward to inviting you back to our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed 28 March 2018

After a long journey I was disappointed with the room, small is not the word, cupboard is generous, we put up with 2 nights and they agreed to change us to a larger room (King, which is what we booked in the first place). Yes it spoilt the first couple of days but after we moved it was a pleasure. The room was clean, decent bathroom and surprisingly quiet enough to say you were in NYC. The location is what sells this place, go out the front door and you're in the middle of Times Square and Broadway, lots of shops, eating establishments all around. We also found some decent Irish Pubs, but beware, it's expensive and we felt ripped off a lot!!! New York is expensive full stop, but also amazing, fantastic and a must see. I never particularly had NY on my bucket list, and I still prefer Boston, but I'm so glad we went. We went everywhere, saw everything, and it was amazing, loved it. Only went in the attached pub Rattle & Hum once while we were waiting in the lobby for our daughter. We asked for 2 small beers, now you and I would immediately think that would mean 2 half pints yea? WRONG. They gave us 2 small wine glasses of beer!!!! And charged us $10 for the privilege!!! So that worked out at say $20 a pint!!!! My husband had given him $20 and he gave him $10 back, talk about shocked, we should have complained I know but the place was full and to be honest it was a bit intimating in there, so we left it alone and never set foot in there again. The place is horrible anyway, very dark, very loud and I don't know how it can say 'family friendly' because I wouldn't take little ones in there. The lift situation was bad, if you're in a hurry take the stairs, not too bad getting a lift up but we spent a lot of time waiting for our daughter who was on a high floor. This situation cannot be changed however so it is what it is. Everyone at the hotel was a credit to the IHG brand, they were all helpful, friendly and professional. Two people stood out for me. John Q who seemed to be there every time, always asking if he could help etc, very pleasant young man. And Miriam, she was lovely, such a helpful and professional girl who I'm sure will go far in the Hotel/Customer Service business, look after her she is an upcoming Star. All in all we loved New York, don't know that I'd want to go again and if I did I doubt I would stay here again, unless I could be guaranteed the second room we had which I suppose was nice in its own right. But have to admit the first couple of days spoilt the experience.

Room Tip: Get a King room
1  Thank duck72

Dear Duck72,

Thank you very much for sharing your honest feedback about your most recent stay here at the Holiday Inn Times Square! We have taken note about your positive and constructive feedback as these pieces of information allow us to know what areas are doing well and what areas we can improve in. We apologize if you experienced any inconvenience during your stay. Moreover, we would like to invite you back to our hotel!

We look forward to seeing you again in the future!