“You should go if you are a fan of the show”
Review of Mood Fabrics

Mood Fabrics
Ranked #34 of 883 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Recommended length of visit: 1-2 hours
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Hi! If you liked Project Runway, you have to visit MOOD. Finally the renovated their elevator, so now you don't need a guy to take you there and manually open the door, now it has a screen. Anyway, you have to check in your belongings and they will hand you a ticket to claim the back. If you are a fabric fan, block at least 2-3 hours, because they added a new level and more stuff. These fabrics go from super fancy Versace silk, Vera Wang silk for $14 a yard, pretty good. Other fabrics like real leather pieces for $24 each. Buttons, beads, trimming, etc. Grab your fabric and ask for a swatch or a cut, the staff is very friendly and cool.

All reviews
"school"
"souvenir"
"appreciation"

Reviewed 17 March 2018

We are fans of Mood as a result of Project Runway. Our sewing skills are weak... but our appreciation of fine fabrics and notions is strong. We were looking for a storefront and were surprised to find Mood on the third story of a building. All staff were kind as we wandered and took photos. Swatch was not in the building, but we gave a hearty "Thank you, Mood" as we hit the exit.

Reviewed 12 February 2018 via mobile

I've been sewing since I was a kid and my mom and I have been going to Mood for years, even prior to it being featured on Project Runway. Highly worth a visit, especially if you are looking for something cool and unusual. It's definitely not your typical fabric store, and if Mood doesn't have something, you're probably never going to find it. They're a bit more "commercial" now than back in the day since they've been featured on PR, with tee shirts and jewelry and stuff for sale, but I'm thrilled such a cool place has gotten the publicity. A bit on the expensive side, but you get what you pay for. Huge selection of genuine leather, and other harder to find materials. Looks like they now have a sewing school also - very neat. If you are having a hard time finding it, it is inside 225 - take the elevator to the third floor. They now have "Mood Home" on the ground floor so it's hard to miss. I have yet to get lost in there!

Reviewed 22 January 2018

I have shopped here many times and love everything about it from the friendly knowledgeable staff to the enormous range and not forgetting swatch the dog. Looking forward to my next visit in March.

See more reviews
Reviewed 16 December 2017

The store located in Manhattan and zi would recommend anyone to check them out for all/any of your fashion needs. However this post is for there wholesale fabrics warehouse located in Carlstadt, NJ (800 Eastern Ave 07072) They legit have everything in bulk and the service there is amazing! I’m so indecisive so if you have the patience to deal with me the God bless you. Def check em out