“Funky New York Hotel”
Review of The Paul Hotel

The Paul Hotel
Ranked #312 of 469 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 19, 2017

The Paul is a cool funky hotel in the heart of New York. It has small stylish rooms with comfy beds and a roof top bar. It is a good walk from Time Square but its off Broadway which makes it easy to find. Safe neighbourhood to walk in at night and some good bars close by. I wouldn’t pay extra for the breakfast as it wasn’t anything special, there is a funky cool café that was only just up the street. I would book this hotel again in a heartbeat on my next Visit to New York.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo
Admin_ThePaulNYC, General Manager at The Paul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded 5 weeks ago

Dear Nathan A,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us! We strive to make each guest feel welcomed and appreciated and it appears that we were able to accomplish that! We sincerely thank you for taking the time in sharing your review and hope that we have the pleasure of welcoming you again in the near future!

John Sharma

Reviewed September 18, 2017

Great location with a view on the Empire State Building, comfy bedroom and good value for money. Not great sleep, but that is because it is New York.
Breakfast was good, but sad that there were not enough seats.. so a bit tricky in the morning. Hope they have solved the problem now.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled as a couple

Dear Joana S,

Thank you for taking the time to share with us your experience while staying with us at the Paul Hotel NYC. I am very glad to know that you enjoyed your overall stay. We pride ourselves in providing excellent service and we appreciate that you were able to enjoy the comfort of our rooms and location of the hotel.

John Sharma

Reviewed September 6, 2017

I stayed at this hotel while in NY city, after meeting a lot of unfriendly people around it was a pleasure to be greeted by Marie at the reception with her warm smile and persona.
She went through great length to make our stay warm and comfortable.
Thank you Marie, overall a lovely hotel in the heart of NY city.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled with friends
Admin_ThePaulNYC, General Manager at The Paul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 8, 2017

Dear Michisasa,

We are delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us at the Paul NYC. It’s great to receive your kind comment about our friendly service.

We appreciate your patronage and hope to be your host again in the near future.

Reviewed September 4, 2017

I have to say I did enjoy my stay at The Paul Hotel, the staff was really nice with one exception. The black young female that was running the bar on the roof was very nasty. Her attitude was one of such that she wasn't friendly and had a very bad attitude towards me and my other guest. She was nasty and rude and took her time servicing us. The other problem was the way the breakfast voucher works, it doesn't make sense that one has to go through so much for a breakfast that wasn't that great. I watched other customers become in raged over breakfast, just make it free!! The last thing is, how can you have customers stay at your hotel and not have at least one microwave? That will be the biggest reason I will never stay at this hotel again. Not only did I book for one room, but after one day I booked another room. I spent a lot of money eating out, just to have to eat it cold later on. I felt very bad for the staff, having customers screaming at them about a breakfast that wasn't even that great!!! I come home to NY every year and I will never stay at this hotel again.

Stayed: August 2017
Admin_ThePaulNYC, General Manager at The Paul Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 6, 2017

Dear Tanya W,

Thank you very much for taking the time to tell us about your experience with us during your visit. Your invaluable feedback will give us an opportunity to improve and be of better service to our guests . I was able to understand your dissatisfaction with the customer service you've received at the Bar and also the problem with the breakfast issues. As a loyal guests we offer priority to many services and exceptional service are one of our main concerns.

We apologize that we were not able to meet your expectations at any point of your stay. Although there is never a second chance for a great first impression, I am hopeful that you will give us a second chance. Please contact me directly at the hotel when revisiting NYC so that we may give you the exceptional stay experience you deserve!

I look forward welcome you back to our hotel in the near future!

Reviewed September 2, 2017

The Paul Hotel is very well located in middle Manhattan, modern, practical and clean rooms, comfy beds, but breakfast is very scarce and one must pay a $2 fee per person every time you go to eat breakfast. When we arrived, the first few days, we were charged $1.50 per person at breakfast time and it must be paid in order to get plates. Then, out of the blue we were asked to pay $2. To our greater surprise, we noticed that other guests were asked to keep paying $1.50, instead of $2 like us. Breakfast was included in our online reservation, but still we were charged and extra fee every morning before breakfast. To add to our dissapoinment, there is a large project construction right across the street, which is very loud. Work at the new building starts early in the morning and last until late in the evening. We understand that this is not something the hotel has control over it, but The Paul Hotel doesn't inform clients on their website. We believe possible guests should be awared of this loud noise before they decide to make a reservation. Over all, we recommend this hotel for its location, but you should eat breakfast somewhere else. Thanks.

Room Tip: The higher floor possible and with a view to the Empire State Building
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Enric X,

Thank you for taking the time to review your stay with us.

We are sorry to hear that your stay was an unpleasant one, and that you had several unresolved issues within your hotel throughout your stay.

We should have had these issues resolved before you left our hotel and I'm terribly sorry to hear that they weren't. This is surely not an example of our best service.

If you would like to discuss your stay in further detail please contact me at the hotel.
We hope that you will return again so that we may give you the experience you deserve!