“Once-in-a-Lifetime Experience (We Had Confirmed Tickets)”

The Tonight Show Starring Jimmy Fallon
Reviewed 4 April 2018

We were visiting New York during the first week in March and at the top of our list for things we wanted to do was attend a Tonight Show taping as we are big fans of the show and Jimmy Fallon. My husband and I both made accounts on 1iota.com and were online at exactly 11:30AM the day the tickets became available to try to get on the wait list. We each requested 3 dates (which is the max you are allowed to request) and then played the waiting game. Exactly 2 weeks before our first taping request (it was on a a Monday) I got an email saying we had been CONFIRMED for two tickets!!! We were so ecstatic!

After checking in at 30 Rockefeller Plaza and waiting in line. we went through security, were given our tickets, and then were held in the Peacock lounge for about an hour until it was time to enter the studio. During this time, the NBC pages will come around and chat with you and take your picture if you like. Then we lined up according to the letter on the back of our ticket and entered the studio.

The NBC pages will seat you, and we were lucky enough to get great seats on the aisle, so I knew I was gonna get a high five from Jimmy! After the warm-up guy comes out and gets the crowd ready the show starts and moves very quickly. The Roots played some great music and during our show the entire Women's Olympic Hockey Team was on, which was really cool The absolute best moment was before the musical performance when Jimmy came up into the audience and answered questions some questions. IT WAS AMAZING and Jimmy is such a kind and down-to-earth person. We really appreciated him doing that as he certainly didn't have to, but it really made the experience one I will never forget.

All reviews
in 9 reviews
"audience members"
"show starts"

Reviewed 24 March 2018 via mobile

We "only" saw the monologue rehearsal.....was bummed not to get show tickeys, but it was still a great experience! Jimmy is so funny and so cute! He taped 2 shows our day of rehearsal, so we saw the run through of jokes for TWO monologues plus a sketch and THANK YOUS!!!! not a ton of waiting--we showed uo WAY early to the check in. They don't let you loiter around there....so hung out downstairs in one of the Rockefeller concourse eating places until it was time to go up. My tip: getting up the stairs first doesn't matter as far as where you sit in the audience. You have to wait in a sitting area all together before lining up. But once you line up from the coych lounge place, you'll be in the order which you'll have to enter the studio and sit. Ie: front row seating will be at the front of the line leaving the couch seating area. ( which is the holding spot right past security). If you want to be near the front, stay closer to the big stairs 'entrance '. To line up and go in, you'll line the round wall that goes back around the staircase. Then you'll go up the elevators and conglomerate in a landing. Those closest to the 6B hallway (sign above the hallway) go in first/ get first seating. ......but it's a small theatre, much smaller than i thought!--all seats are great!

1  Thank rmi9965
Reviewed 13 March 2018

Got tickets a month in advance for the monologue and was not disappointed. This provides a very up close and personal with Jimmy Fallon. Lots of waiting at different check points so be prepared. Well worth the wait. Katie who brought us in was amazing and was great at getting the group pumped up to see Jimmy. You can tell all the staff are class acts. Lots of interns and was great to chat with them to get their stories about the experience and why they are doing it. Jimmy was great and he is so funny and very down to earth. Felt very welcomed in his space. Will definitely see him again the next time we are in New York. Missed him when he came to Minnesota for the superbowl. He could have had hotdish with me anytime

2  Thank PaulNelson74
Reviewed 14 February 2018

I had tried once to get in to the Tonight Show filming and got around #30 in line and did not make it in. This time I showed up at about 8:30 (they begin handing out the standby tickets at 9am) and i got #22. I came back at 3:30 pm and wasn't expecting to get in. However, this time they let in over 40 people! It was quite an experience. We had to go through security, then wait until the monologue practice was over to go up to the waiting lounge. The level of security and flashy areas you go through is pretty crazy. They lead the regular ticketed people in through first and then seat standby based on your # in line. I was alone so I got seated a little lower to fill in a row. The band is really good and called up 4 people to do a dance off, which was pretty embarassing. The show itself went by quickly and was so fun to see happen in person. Jimmy goes up and down each row at the end, so I got to give him a high-five. It was definitely worth the wait!

2  Thank jmdeutmeyer
See more reviews
Reviewed 5 February 2018 via mobile

I have requested tickets through their 1iota system for a year and a half and never got in. So, I left the house at 1:30 am and drove to NYC for stand by tickets. We were in line at 5:45 am and were standby tickets 1, 2 and 3. We were then instructed to return at 3:30. We had plenty of time to tour the area and when we returned the entire store was filled with people. Luckily, after much anxiety we learned that they line you up in the order of your ticket number, but there is still no guarantee that you will get in. That day they left 60 people from the standby line into the show.

They line you up several times before you actually hey into the studio and there is nothing but laughs for about 75 minutes.

In between sets Jimmy climbs the steps to talk to audience guests and he is so down to earth. If you get a chance you should definitely try to go.

2  Thank Stacey R