“Grandson's Wonder”
Review of The LEGO Store

The LEGO Store
Ranked #42 of 921 Shopping in New York City
More attraction details
Owner description: Visit the LEGO Store at Rockefeller Center for the largest selection of LEGO sets! Plus, shop the tallest Pick A Brick wall for a variety of LEGO bricks and elements to build anything you can imagine!
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Our 5 year-old grandson made this place a necessity for our trip to NYC. He was amazed and thrilled with the many Lego sets and pieces - especially the build your own are and the play with Legos area. The store is always very busy, so keep a hand or a watchful eye on little ones. The staff was pleasant and helpful. A good place to spend a few minutes off the busy streets.

Date of experience: April 2018
"nyc"
in 27 reviews
"ninjago"

Reviewed 3 April 2018

The prices are high but its fun to walk around and look at all the cool stuff . I would avoid if you have kids to dodge Meldowns due to the high prices

Date of experience: August 2017
Reviewed 29 March 2018 via mobile

As always, Lego window creations draw in the young and old because NO ONE IS TOO OLD FOR LEGOS!!

Atlas holding up the world....
A dragon that winds all throughout the store

What I couldn’t figure out at first was how they created the huge LEGO sign in the window (below) because I know thy only use LEGO products. Upon closer review, there are thousands upon thousands of Lego people sans hardhats or hats of any kind. Those are Lego heads of all colors put together to make the sign. I took a close-up of the corner where you can see (and I think they purposefully left one hanging) black Darth Vaders making up the black border of the sign!! Amazing as always, those Lego engineers!

We are visiting from San Diego, home of the only U.S. Legoland and so I know how amazing the Lego engineers are. Let me put in this plug.... if you love Legos, plan a trip to Legoland. It’s fun and amazing for kids of all ages... adults, that includes us too!!

Date of experience: March 2018
Reviewed 4 March 2018 via mobile

I brought my 8 & 10yo here and they thought it was great. We were greeted by friendly happy staff. The kids were in awe of the wall of LEGO bricks. You can get a small or large container and fill with whatever size & colour brick you want (I can’t remember the pricing but it was reasonable). There is a limited selection and there aren’t any different colours to what you’d normally get, but it’s still fun. You can also make your own LEGO people (3 for $10 I think) at another station. There’s lots of LEGO fairies, ninjago, friends boxes to get at the store also. It’s not a huge store, but it’s a fun thing to do and the kids had the biggest smiles on their faces.

Date of experience: January 2018