“the best”

Cuisines: Belgian
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Reviewed 4 April 2018

Saw Pacey from Dawson's Creek here. The food is always good and bartenders nice. Amy Karidis - stop reading my reviews.

Reviewed 19 October 2017

I happened across Peter McManus Café while on-line searching local pubs in NYC. Multi-generation ownership and established in 1913. My girlfriend and I checked it out. Nothing fancy, but that's exactly what I was looking for. A warm, friendly Irish Pub, not a cookie - cutter chain restaurant/bar. Great menu....fantastic burgers, and the Chili was amazing. To top it off our waitress, Marion. was the best! So glad we took the time to find Peter McManus. We return to NYC next October, and we plan on a return visit to Peter McManus!

Reviewed 5 October 2017

First time visit to N.Y.for our son and his wife and as he if a film geek a visit to this icon was a must.Very much an old time pub but friendly staff who wanted to chat and served us lovely cold beer with plates of delicious fries(real ones like you make at home!)Our son spent the time taking loads of photos and pretending he was in Highlander.We could have easily spent another couple of hours in here but unfortunately for us we had a prior engagement.We all loved it and will return on our next visit.

Reviewed 9 August 2017 via mobile

Recent lunch as I was in the neighborhood. This Irish pub is stuck in time but the burgers and the Rueben sandwiches can not be beat. Literally the corned beef melts in your mouth and the burgers (some secret ingredient perhaps) are delicious. Btw they won best burger in NYC in 2016. No surprise there.

Reviewed 31 October 2016 via mobile

On a Sunday afternoon after a busy day of helping a friend shop for furniture we started back to the subway station and it started to rain - we saw the Peter McManus Cafe
and slip in to let the shower pass and enjoy a beer or so - Joe introduced himself and asked what he could get us - I ordered a Blacksmith ( 1/2 Smithwicks and 1/2 Guinness) and my friend ordered a glass of wine - the shower turned into a full blown down pour- the place quickly filled with regulars and others like us seeking shelter from the rain - Joe treated us like he had known us all our lives - one beer turned into two and two into three and some where in between a order of chili cheese tarter tots were devoured - finally the rain subsidized- we said goodbye to Joe and off to the subway station- a good Sunday was had -