“Impeccable experience on every level!”
Review of Estiatorio Milos

Estiatorio Milos
Reserve with OpenTable
Estiatorio Milos is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #103 of 15,868 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Good for: Large groups, Business meetings, Special occasions
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Lunch, Reservations
Dining style: Fine Dining
Neighborhood: Midtown
Cross street: Between 6th and 7th Avenue
Transit: N,R,W,Q,and F to 57th St. B,D,and E to 7th Ave.
Description: It was in 1980, when Chef-Owner Mr. Costas Spiliadis opened the first Estiatorio Milos on Park Avenue, Montreal.The reason seemed obvious to him: the need to elevate the sophistication of Greek cuisine abroad far away from its stereotyped forklorization. 'I wanted to change what people thought about Greek cuisine,make sure it's being appreciated and awarded with its rightful place on an international level!' As a small restaurant, Milos gained the trust of the Montrealers in no time. The menu being always simple and impeccably fresh, drew the attention of the media and food critics from around the world. NY Post has triumphly started that 'Milos fish could only be fresher if it swam to your plate!' What was the secret that made Milos stand out? Its focus in finding the purest Mediterranean products and cooking with the freshest ingredients.Through 35 years of intensive research, we have managed to build lasting relationships with growers and small-scale fisheries at the shores of Greece, Morocco, Tunisia and Portugal, flying in our fish and seafood daily by plane! Milos has since then taken the world by strom and opened in 1997 in NYC, in 2004 in Athens,in 2010 at the Cosmopolitan Hotel in Las Vegas and in 2012 in Miami Beach and in 2015 in London! We invite you to live the Milos experience and celebrate with us our 35th year anniversary!
Reviewed 4 April 2018 via mobile

The ambiance was chic and open with a very warm element with the service of our sommelier and the chef walking us through our experience. What a special thing to be taken to the fish market inside the restaurant and told about all of the fresh options we had at our command. If you are looking to catch a show and want to eat before- they have a $42 3 course pre fix menu available from 5-6pm only that will turn your world upside down or rightside up! What a deal(sshhhhh!)

Write a ReviewReviews (1,345)

Reviewed 1 April 2018 via mobile

Recommended by the concierge, I had no expectations when visiting Milos. What a wonderful surprise! My wife and I attended the restaurant for lunch prior to a broadway show.
The restaurant welcomed us with a complementary glass of champagne sent from the concierge. Hey were aware that we had to make the show and promised to be efficient.
I would say that the most spectacular thing about Milos are their ingredients. We had the Greek salad which had a wonderful Feta cheese which was creamy and not dry. It seemed like each tomato was hand picked which translated into a very savory plate.
The tuna tartare was delicious. The oyster selection was fresh and exquisite.
As an entree, I had the Big Eye Tuna rare, amazing. My wife had the best grilled octopus we have tasted.
We made it in time to the theater, with a very happy belly :)

Reviewed 31 March 2018

This is truly one of my favorite restaurants in NY. The seafood is fresh and well cooked, perfectly cooked. I wish I could eat there for a few nights so I could try everything on the menu. The food is really really good. The service is top notch. It is pricey yet so worth it.....

Reviewed 24 March 2018

We were looking for a restaurant near City Center, where we were going to see a show. This place looked nice and upscale. We were seated right away downstairs, which was a pleasant surprise. Everyone on the staff was welcoming and pleasant. The menu was interesting, specializing in fish, and a bit pricey. All three of the waitstaff who came to take orders had to repeat what they first said because I couldn't hear them. Neither could my wife. We ordered a romaine salad after asking how big it was. The waiter said it was large enough to share, which we did. What came was a lovely Greek salad, which looked great, but was not what we ordered. When I told a waiter this, he said maybe you said "green salad" and he thought you said Greek salad. They took it away and after a while brought the romaine salad, which was delicious. Then they brought the filet mignons we had ordered, and they too, were delicious, but they did not bring the steamed wild seasonal greens that I had ordered as a side. I had pointed to it on the menu when I ordered it, but maybe that was the "green" that got mistaken for Greek. At that point it was 15 minutes to curtain, so I didn't mention it, and ate quickly. So for $250 we had a good meal and a couple of glasses of wine, but we were dissatisfied with the experience. The place would be improved noise-wise if they had some fabric or noise-baffling something in the space.

Reviewed 19 March 2018

It might be that those of us who can only treat ourselves occasionally to the very finer things in life have an even deeper appreciation for the special places that honor food, service and experience at the very highest level. Milos is such a place. A recent meal on a get-away weekend with my wife proved to be beyond our every expectation. A most knowledgeable waiter (is it proper to use waitress any more?) started us off with an information packed tour of the daily "market", where all the fish of the day, flown in from the Mediterranean and eastern Atlantic, are on full display. You buy the fish by the pound (yes, some were over $100 per pond) and they cook it to perfection. Many exotic treats. Spanish Carabineros Shrimp that you break off the head and soak in a shot of sherry was a thrill to eat. Such an experience. The Sommelier brought deep knowledge and a delightful willingness to share his information on splendid pairings. Do yourself a favor. Do some research, figure out what it is you want from the meal. Go in with your A-game, expecting nothing but the best, and that is what you will carry away. The fond memory of one of the best meals you ever enjoyed.