“Real Chinese”

Cuisines: Chinese
Dining options: Late Night, Breakfast
Neighborhood: Chinatown
Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Great food.. Probably the oldest Chinese Restaurant in China.. Had to wait in line to get a table.. Service is good and fast..

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

Its so cheap. Way cheaper than the yum char places we went to near times square. And it was so good. Im glad there were only two of us because we got seated immediately whereas groups had to wait a while.

The service is typical abrupt. Hahaha. I dont mind. I asked "do you have plain rice?" Sometimes all the food is a bit much for my taste buds and they just need a bit of bland. Response was "no" and then he walked away. I just giggled and let it slide. Im sure theyre not about the service but want their food reputation to be the main attraction. Fair enough! Only thing i noticed is a lack of pork dishes. I love bbq pork rice rolls and they only had prawn. No matter. At least they were tasty.

Reviewed 2 weeks ago via mobile

So I echo the other reviewers that the dim sum food is really good but you pay more for this touristy place than other dim sum places. Our booth seat was crooked so that wasn’t great but not a huge deal, as the rest of the place isn’t exactly a Michelin restaurant. Had to take a number and wait about 40 minutes for 2 people around 1:30 pm on a Thursday, but we just walked a bit around china town so that was fine.

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

We had a quick 3 day family trip to NYC and I pulled a few reviews from online bloggers who write about NY food/drinks & found a great review for this little out of the way place in China town. I’m so glad I found that review. My daughter is from China and we always love to visit China town while in NY to get yummy food that is hard to come by where we live in VA. The shrimp & pea dumplings were AMAZING - my husband loved the egg rolls (very different from any “quick Chinese restaurant”!). The pork bun was delicious - and we all shared a large plate of pan fried noodles. Everyone enjoyed each item we got. We also enjoyed a pot of white tea. I only wish we could have gone back to try more menu items another day! We WILL visit next time we’re in NY for sure!! Don’t forget CASH only (many places are in NY so it wasn’t a surprise to us- but just in case others aren’t aware)

Reviewed 3 weeks ago via mobile

The food is really good! The restaurant is small but I felt it was worth seeing. Staff was pretty much friendly, they were really busy when I was there.