“Amazing ”
Review of Candle 79

Candle 79
Reserve with OpenTable
Candle 79 is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #46 of 14,311 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$31 - US$40
Cuisines: American
Good for: Business meetings, Special occasions, Local cuisine, Romantic
Dining options: Dinner, Breakfast, Late Night, Lunch, Delivery, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Upper East Side
Cross street: Between Lexington and 3rd Avenues
Transit: 6 Train to 77th Street and Lexington Avenue, #79 Bus to Lexington Avenue and 79th Street, and #101 & #102 Bus to Lexington Avenue and 79th Street or 3rd Avenue and 79th Street.
Description: Candle 79 combines delicious organic vegan cuisine with gracious, knowledgeable service in a gorgeous duplex space. Lovingly crafted food fresh "from local farm to table." Intimate organic wine and eco-liquor cocktail bar. Favorite of East Side regulars and celebrities like Paul McCartney, Woody Harrelson, and Alicia Silverstone. The only vegan restaurant ever reviewed by former New York Times restaurant critic Frank Bruni, who wrote "Candle 79 showed me the light!" We offer an extensive Gluten Free Menu. Brunch available Saturday and Sunday. Take-out & catering available, no delivery.
Reviewed November 29, 2017 via mobile

Now, I’m not vegan, but decided to accompany my two vegan family members. They had the Spaghetti and Wheatballs, and the Moroccan Chickpea cake. They then shared a Peanut Butter Mousse for dessert. I had the Wild Mushroom crepe, and washed it down with some great Port. It was an amazing experience. Totally content. Worth every penny. Thank you chef. And the service was outstanding!
IMO- the best vegan food in the world :)

Reviewed November 24, 2017 via mobile

Wow! This restaurant was amazing with a special Thanksgiving vegan pre-set menu. Great service and comfortable seating.

Reviewed November 9, 2017

Awesome restaurant, good food, perfect for dates, nice atmosphere, kind workers. I came here from manhattan by walk so i was very hungry but they very quick. I will definetely visit again!

Reviewed November 1, 2017

Top notch, high-end vegan restaurant. Some of the photos are a bit deceiving and make it look like it isn't high end. It is. We would have felt out-of-place here wearing jeans. The food was among the best (if not THE best) vegan food I've ever had, at any restaurant or cooked in our home. Save room. Skip lunch. Make a reservation here for dinner. Plan to order an appetizer, entree, and dessert, so you can sample as much of their excellent food as possible. This was a highlight of our trip. Because we did not make a reservation in advance, we had to wait until 9 pm for a table following a phone call to the restaurant late that afternoon. It was worth the wait.

Reviewed October 29, 2017

I ordered for pick up, took twenty minutes, on time, Ordered avocado tartar with seed crackers, raw dish, well presented, tasty, small portion but for the price, i guess in Manhattan, can't complain. Very flavorful. I savored the tasted in my mouth and planning to go back before my flight this evening. Very small space. wish they had raw desserts.