“Great Restaurant in Greenwich Village”
Review of Babbo

Babbo
Reserve with OpenTable
Babbo is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #1,211 of 14,825 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$41 - US$80
Cuisines: Italian
Good for: Romantic, Special occasions
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Elegant
Neighborhood: Greenwich Village
Cross street: Between 6th Avenue and MacDougal Street
Transit: West 4th street subway station (8th street/Waverly Place exit): A,C,E,B,D,F and M trains. We recommend traveling at the back of the train if coming from uptown, the front of the train if coming from downtown, to find the closest exit at the station.
Reviewed 5 February 2018

We have eaten here several times. It is right across the street from the Washington Square Park Hotel where we like to stay. The food is always inventive, delicious and well-presented. We have never had a bad dish there. Hooray for Marion Batelli!

1  Thank DrDadrwp
Write a ReviewReviews (1,822)

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I visited here as part of a birthday weekend in NYC. Food was excellent and our service was excellent as well! We had a nice table in the corner and were really able to enjoy ourselves!

Reviewed 2 February 2018

I had been in this restaurant before the service and food were good. We had a table upstairs and we had I nice meal. So... I decided to take some friends over there again on Saturday January 27, but the result was embarrassing and deceiving .
I made a reservation on open table for 4 people at 9:15 pm and we arrived on time. The front desk person who attended us was not friendly at all and said that we had to wait at least 20 more. When I tried questioning him, he said: "Look it is Saturday and people do not want to leave. I can not do nothing.". We had a drink at the bar while we waited in total 35 minutes. When we finally sat, we had one table close to the kitchen and restrooms doors down stairs. The service was horrible, food was mediocre and the music was so loud that we couldn't talk. In the end we were desperate to pay and leave. When I got home I decided to write a review on open table and guess what? My reservation had been cancelled by the restaurant. I received an e-mail at 12:04 am on Sunday, from open table informing that my reservation was cancelled by the restaurant and this happened after we had paid the bill and left the restaurant.

1  Thank queups
Reviewed 29 January 2018

Nestled in a residential neighborhood, Babbo is an oasis for the epicurean. We saved it as the last big night out, and were rewarded with the best meal of our trip.

The pasta was the best we'd ever had. Seriously.

The restaurant itself is not over pretentious. It's not huge - the service was excellent, and near-European in that they leave you alone (no one asking you if everything is OK all night). There was a celebrity next to us, though I can't tell you who he was - I didn't recognize him, but Mr. Bastianich was taking care of them personally, and everything was in Italian. A treat for us to experience nonetheless.

You will have an amazing meal here. I guarantee it.

Reviewed 24 January 2018 via mobile

My friend and I visited here for a drink-/snacks. The servers and manager were unwilling to help and demonstrated poor service throughout our visit. We were at the bar, with ample amount of space and we were short 1 chair, the staff were unwilling to move one chair to accommodate an extra guest.
We had planned on experiencing the food but due to the very poor service we refused to spend any further money there.
There may be delicious food but there bit there are far better places to frequent in New York and because of the very competitive environment I seriously recommend that they evaluate management and staff and there customer service.