“Epic Lobster Rolls in NYC!”
Review of Cull & Pistol

Cull & Pistol
Reserve with OpenTable
Cull & Pistol is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #32 of 14,144 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: Cull & Pistol Oyster Bar is the Lobster Place's first full-service restaurant, located next door to the Lobster Place Seafood Market inside New York's famed Chelsea Market. Cull & Pistol is quickly becoming a neighborhood staple in Chelsea-known for delivering a truly fresh dining experience that includes an excellent variety of wine, craft beers and cocktails. The seasonal menu at Cull & Pistol takes full advantage of the remarkably fresh and varied offerings of the Lobster Place-seamlessly marrying New England classics like steamer clam chowder with more elevated fare like miso glazed Hamachi collars.
Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

I found Cull and Pistol one year ago when staying in Chelsea. It's located in the Chelsea market (which is full of great bars, shops and restaurants).

They seem to be comprised of a restaurant and a big market hall and to be honest I've always just eaten in the main hall.

A huge selection of seafood: oyster station, cooked lobsters etc and the shack at the back does brilliant lobster rolls and chowders. Probably my favourite lobster rolls in NYC.

Well worth a visit!

Reviewed September 21, 2017

Was treated to a meal at the restaurant by my son for my birthday. Luckily he had booked beforehand as there was a queue. The restaurant was full to capacity but that did not stop the staff from being very attentive and welcoming in explaining the menu.
We opted for the tastiest grilled lobster and a fish and chips although the batter was slightly salty. The icing on the cake was when I was presented with an individual lime key pie with a candle which was quite touching and thoughtful. I can highly recommend this restaurant and will definitely visit it again. To all the hard working staff thank you for making it a memorable evening. Keep smiling as it makes all the difference.

Reviewed September 20, 2017

Our most recent meal at Cull and Pistol was a reminder of what we like so much about the place - fantastic seafood with great service in a fun environment. Absolutely top notch. Our favorites are many but, if you are an oyster fan, these are the very best. Don't miss the lobster roll (Connecticut style for me), fish and chips, or any of the various items from the raw bar. Fantastic meal. Can be crowded so we always make an online reservation for dinner and are seated promptly.

Reviewed September 17, 2017

Nice place to taste oysters and seafood, a little bit expansive (for the oysters), you have to book if you want to have a place for lunch. the wine is excellent and the service is efficient. After you have all the shops around the restaurant !!!

Reviewed September 10, 2017

We came here a couple of years ago and it was so good we booked again, this time as a special meal for our wedding anniversary.
We went with friends this time and started by sharing the shishito peppers which we all found very moreish although nobody got a hot one!
Our friends and my wife all had the lobster roll with lots of thin crispy french fries and I had the branzino cooked with far eastern spices; this is a fish I had never heard of but it was a little bit like plaice and just slightly charred on the outside but perfectly tender inside.
Everything was as we remembered it, this is one of the best restaurants we have been to anywhere, not a bargain at $220 for 4 people but good value for this quality of cooking.
It's only a small restaurant and packed on a Saturday evening; it needs to be booked well in advance.