“Fantastic Lobster Roll and great Vibe.”
Review of Cull & Pistol

Cull & Pistol
Reserve with OpenTable
Cull & Pistol is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #31 of 14,122 Restaurants in New York City
Price range: US$30 - US$30
Cuisines: Seafood
Dining options: Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Neighborhood: Chelsea
Cross street: 15th Street
Description: Cull & Pistol Oyster Bar is the Lobster Place's first full-service restaurant, located next door to the Lobster Place Seafood Market inside New York's famed Chelsea Market. Cull & Pistol is quickly becoming a neighborhood staple in Chelsea-known for delivering a truly fresh dining experience that includes an excellent variety of wine, craft beers and cocktails. The seasonal menu at Cull & Pistol takes full advantage of the remarkably fresh and varied offerings of the Lobster Place-seamlessly marrying New England classics like steamer clam chowder with more elevated fare like miso glazed Hamachi collars.
Reviewed May 12, 2017

Chelsea Market is a great place to visit for any body who appreciates food, art and nicknaks. But the Cull & Pistol is a highlight. Attached to the Lobster Place (a seafood market) is this compact and bijou nugget of seafood heaven. We arrived at the end of a lunch period (Around 3:15) with only 15 minutes left of the Lunch Menu. Having researched the Lobster Roll it was going to be a must have. Seeing that there were two options - a warm butter version and the Maine chilled version - we opted to try both and share. Washed down with a bottle of delightful Bridge Lane Rose it turned out to be an excellent choice. The lobster roll is served in a slightly toasted and chewy roll packed with delicious lobster meat dressed in delicate dressings so as not to effect the lobster. Both the warm and chilled version were equally yummy. The lobster rolls are served with seasoned fries in abundance - so you wont leave hungry if you can manage to eat it all. Service was friendly and the music and vibe matched the mood. Could have eaten everything on the menu - but this short visit due to a packed itinerary was the foodie highlight of the trip to NYC.

Reviewed May 6, 2017 via mobile

My husband and I wanted to celebrate his birthday somewhere fairly casual where we could get some fresh seafood and gluten free options for me. Since I am celiac it can be a pain in the neck to dine out. We were not disappointed. We shared fresh oysters to start and then I had the sweetest steamed lobster and he had the Thai branzino. Both of us loved our meals. Our server was very sensitive to my health issues and advised me on what was suitable. Contrary to certain blogs out there, the FF are not gluten free and have some kind of flour coating. I got my starch fix from the delicious new potatoes they were able to get from the shop next door! There are no GF desserts but that's ok, you're in the Chelsea Market and there's a wonderful chocolaterie just down the hall with lots of GF choices! This place is noisy and you'll get to know your neighbors in no time, we loved it. Bon appetit!

Reviewed April 29, 2017

This great restaurant has some of the best seafood. They are located right next a market. A sincere dining experience was had here. The oysters are wonderful. They have a great raw bar. Great atmosphere and a knowledgeable staff.

Reviewed April 29, 2017

Comfortable ambiance, good service, and good food. We had the clam chowder, lobster roll, and steamed lobster. All were excellent.

Reviewed April 24, 2017

It was our first night in New York and we just wanted something low key so I had booked a table prior to arriving. We had dumplings and oysters to start which was fine and then for our mains we both had the lobster roll and fries. The roll was really tasty but came with fries that would feed about 3 people and the roll wasn't that big it was about the size of a standard hot dog bun. So for two starters a roll & fries each and a bottle of wine it came to over $145 dollars which I think is a lot for what we had and not that good value for money. We left what we thought was fair for a tip which worked out at around 15% left the cash and walked out, the waitress followed us and on the receipt it had 'suggested' gratuity and some recommendations, the waitress made me hand over more money while stood outside the restaurant. To be honest looking back I would not of handed over more money but I think I was just so surprised at what had just happened. I understand that tips are important but we left what we thought was fair and they are discretionary - still in shock now.

7  Thank Stacey N