“A nice stay, nothing to complain!”

Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West
Ranked #214 of 471 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed December 12, 2017 via mobile

It's an economic hotel, so basically, you get what you pay. However, there are still some good things about this hotel.

1. It's located in a relatively quiet neighborhood. If you don't mind walking for a few blocks to take the subway, or transportation is not an issue, this hotel can be an option.

2. The room is clean even though it's quite small. You still can find everything you need in your room. The bed is comfortable. Luckily, I had a partial view of those beautiful tall buildings from my room.

3. They provide free breakfast. Nothing fancy but basic, which can save you some money and time, and also feed you well.

4. The staff is nice and helpful.

Overall, it's worth my money. With the money I paid, I have nothing to complain.

Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Susana M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded December 13, 2017

Dear taipeibear,
Thank you so much for sharing your feedback with us! We are glad that you enjoyed our hotel and awesome team! We hope that our amazing location, extraordinary service and adventurous city leaves you wanting to return to experience another magnificent stay experience!

Assistant General Manager

Write a ReviewReviews (1,122)

Reviewed December 9, 2017

Location, location, location. To discover Manhattan you need to be well positioned and better than this you do not get. Half a block off a major Ave and 15 minute walk from many New York Landmarks. Being on 48th street was perfect for our walking adventure tour. We even walked to New World trade Centre and Wall street! Clean, modern and funky and the breakfasts are just right to tank up for a days exploring.

Room Tip: North facing rooms are best.
  • Stayed: October 2017, traveled as a couple

Dear Antonio d,

Thank you for your great 4 star review! We are delighted to hear that your experience with us was "A perfect New York Base"! We are also happy to hear that you loved our location (definitely ideal if you are interested in being near Times Square, Rockefellar and the theater district) We hope that we have the honor of welcoming you back to create another splendid experience!

Reviewed December 8, 2017

My daughters and I are coming to this hotel for this weekend. We are very excited. We don't come to NYC very often. I called the hotel yesterday and requested a room with low noise and if possible, with a nice view. They did change our room, but told me it would be $20 additional per night. I agreed, as we don't go there very often and want the experience to be a good one, but as I thought about it more, was dishearten by this. The other time we went to NYC, I did the same thing (different chain) with no additional charge. I'm a IHG member as well. Future guests please be aware of this.

• Stayed: December 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank Roseann L

Dear Roseann L,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! We are disheartened to hear that you stay had a few hick ups. We apologize that you were unaware of the additional fee for an upgraded room type. Typically we upgrade all members that book directly through IHG reservations at no additional charge however, in this case we did not have your IHG rewards number on file since the reservation was made through a third party wholesale website. In any case we would be more than happy to offer a friends and family rate upon your next trip please contact me directly at Info@hienychk.com
We would love to have you return so that we may create the experience you deserve upon your next visit to the "BIG Apple"!

Best regards,

Reviewed December 7, 2017

The good - Bed was comfortable, room comparable size to others in NYC, good location, room was not street-side so that was helpful. Good deal compared to other rooms in Manhattan. Free breakfast is always a plus.

The disappointing - We got a discounted rate on this room through Hotwire, so I can understand not getting as great of a room as those who booked direct. First there were some stains on the bathroom wall that were a little icky. Our room was113 - literally the closest to the lobby, some type of staff closet/supply area, and breakfast area. I realize that the hotel was also sold out that day, so choices were limited and somebody has to take the room but maybe something could be done for noise. It was fine until about 2 AM, when I was kept awake by staff knocking and banging things around all night. Then around 6 AM, the chairs being moved around non-stop in the breakfast area and people talking was a lot.

Thankfully my husband had ear plugs so we could do something about it. But maybe the hotel should provide this to these rooms or have courtesy signs asking people to be quiet. Staff should not be making so much noise at 2 AM. I expressed my concerns to the front desk, who just shrugged and agreed that the room location is the worst.

I'm sure other rooms were better experiences.

Room Tip: Do not get a room on the first floor.
  • Stayed: December 2017, traveled as a couple
Susana M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2017

Dear JL185,

Thank you for taking the time to share your review with us! We are disheartened to hear that your stay during a very special time was not to your expectations. We will discuss you experience with our team so that we may exceed all expectations in the future. We apologize that your stay was less than what you expected and hope that this experience does not tarnish your future plans to stay at any of our IHG family hotels.

Reviewed December 2, 2017

we booked this hotel through expedia , nice hotel ,very clean and well maintained .
rooms were comfortable and looked after ,my sister and i shared a room with 2 large double beds ,really happy ,Towels changed daily ,
tea and coffee provided ,fridge in the room ,air con iron and ironning board
central to all plans ,good location

Room Tip: we were on level 4 ,room 417 not much of a view ,my son was in room 402 main street view
  • Stayed: November 2017, traveled with family
1  Thank sara m
Susana M, General Manager at Holiday Inn Express Manhattan Midtown West, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2017

Dear Sara M,

Thank you for taking the time to share your stay experience with us! We are absolutely delighted to hear that your overall stay was to your expectations and that you enjoyed our amazing location and our award winning customer service! We continuously strive to create extraordinary stay experiences and genuinely care about our guest.On behalf of our entire team we thank you for sharing your experience and hope we have the pleasure to welcome you back once again!

Best regards,