“New York pod 39 hotel”
Review of Pod 39 Hotel

Pod 39 Hotel
Ranked #200 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 25, 2017

This is a superbly placed hotel with very helpful staff. Rooms are kept very clean by maids. Luckily we stayed on the 14th floor as there is a busy bar on the ground floor. The rooms are very small.
However for location this hotel is fantastic. It's 10 minutes from grand central station and the Chrysler building.

Room Tip: Get a room high up.
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Tim L, Front Office Manager at Pod 39 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 26, 2017

Hello Alan M

Thank you for your write up regarding your recent stay with us. Glad to hear that you enjoyed your time with us. With so many hotels in New York, your visit means a great deal, and I am happy we left you with a good lasting impression. I hope to see you soon, and when you do decide to return, please contact me directly.

tim.l@thepodhotel39.com

Write a ReviewReviews (3,463)

Reviewed September 23, 2017 via mobile

More hostel than hotel. We got a very small room in the 2nd floor. The room was clean, but without any lockers or closets. Personal is not very friendly, and the rooftop bar is very crowded in the evening.
The view from it is reasonable but really not "breathtaking".
No recommandation from us!

1  Thank mwr68

Hello mwr68

Thank you for your feedback on tripadvisor. I am sorry to hear about your recent experience. Can you please contact me directly, I would love to go more in depth regarding some of your problems. Our team strive to provide the best possible experience for all our guest so my apologies that you did not receive that.

Reviewed September 19, 2017

I actually stayed in May 2016. I must say the location was great - just a few blocks away from the Railway Station. The room itself was very compact. I did not expect much since it is New York and at the time I did not want to spend too much on accommodation. I will definitely stay here again during my next business trip to NYC.

• Stayed: October 2016, traveled on business
1  Thank Emirsyah
Tim L, Front Office Manager at Pod 39 Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 21, 2017

Hello Emirsyah

Better late than never, right? Thank you so much for thinking of us and giving us your feedback! Let me know the next time you are thinking of staying with us again. I'll be happy to assist you.

Reviewed September 19, 2017 via mobile

Great experience. Easy self parking around the block and our room was so affordable! Rooms are clean and modern and our bed was very comfortable. Remarkably quiet too and we were even on the third floor by the elevator. Staff very helpful too. Don't miss the chance to check out the view from the rooftop bar! Would stay again definitely!

Reviewed September 18, 2017 via mobile

Stayed at the Pod 39 from Sep 11th - 15th. On arrival was checked in very quick and we was on the 7th floor. They have 3 lifts and even though the hotel was busy you don't have to wait long for one.

First thought on the room was great, we were aware that they were on the small side but that didn't bother us, at the end of the day it's called 'Pod' and I'm in New York! I'm only in the room to sleep. The rooms are nice and modern, bed was comfy. Comes with a small desk area, safe, TV on the wall.

The bathroom is separated by a frosted window and it covers enough that you can't see through, again not a problem, I mean if you are on holiday sharing a room with someone you obviously know them quite well :). Bathroom was nice and clean, shower was great. Room was cleaned everyday and new towels if you wanted them. We was on the road side of the hotel but didn't find it noisy at all.

The hotel had a bar in the lobby and on the rooftop. Both were nice, the rooftop does get very busy as it's popular with the locals (always a good sign) and there can be a waiting list to get up there. The downstairs bar was also open in the morning offering pastries and hot drinks.

We really liked the location of the hotel, it's around 5 mins walk from the Chrysler Building and Grand Central which you can get on the Subway from. Times Square was around a 15min walk (little hint stop off at Bryant Park on the way)

All the staff were really friendly and helpful, there was always someone to advise/help with maps etc. They also offer walking tours most days. Hotel can also provide transport back to the airport and hold your cases if you have a late flight.

Would definitely recommend Pod 39, great price and base to enjoy New York.