Wyndham Garden Chinatown
US$435
US$315
SmithHotels.com
  • Restaurant
Grand Hyatt New York(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$257
  • Restaurant
Room Mate Grace(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$178
US$170
  • Pool
Hilton Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$213
US$190
Hilton.com
  • Room Service
Renaissance New York Times Square Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$429
US$237
Renaissance Hotels
  • Bar/Lounge
Row NYC Hotel(New York City)
US$211
US$162
  • Bar/Lounge
The Westin New York at Times Square(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$291
US$234
  • Restaurant
Kimpton Muse Hotel(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$267
US$247
  • Restaurant
Crowne Plaza Times Square Manhattan(New York City)(Great Value!)
US$235
US$195
CrownePlaza.com
US$148
US$133
  • Room Service
1,615 results
All reviewsfloor to ceiling windowsshared balconybowery streetlower east sidenew yorkmanhattan bridgecanal stshower dooreast villagethe empire state buildingrooftop loungecorner roomsubway stationhotel is locatedfreedom towerwould definitely stay here againfew blocks
FilterAll languages
Reviewed September 19, 2017

Receptionists aren't accommodating. Their answers are blunt no-s without offering any form of solutions. I felt like I had to brighten their days. The room was clean and neat but I had a room facing bowery street with traffic noise. Convienient, close walk to metro line 6 but quite a walk to other subway lines. The area is fun to explore including lower part of soho and little italy and the given chinatown.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled solo
3  Thank pastelwhite
Daniel M, Front Office Manager at Wyndham Garden Chinatown, responded to this reviewResponded November 17, 2017

Thank you for taking the time to review our hotel. First let me apologize for the issues you had encountered, this is not a typical stay at our hotel and I am very disappointed to hear about this. Please email me at DMecca@Wyndham.com so we can further discuss this. Thank you

Reviewed September 18, 2017

If you're looking for a hotel in China town area. This one is ideal. It's very close to everything. The hotel is clean and comfortable. Check in and out is easy. Keep in mind that since it's in the middle of China town, it's noisy and busy. If you plan to be on the go (like us), this hotel is for you.

• Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
Review collected in partnership with Wyndham Hotel and Resorts
1  Thank 673venusa

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. We are so thrilled to hear you enjoyed your stay with us and we hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 16, 2017 via mobile

We chose to stay at Wyndham Garden Chinatown for our New York leg of our trip to America, which was a 5 night stay. This is not our first visit to New York and we wanted something different to the tourist trap of Times Square.

The area on first glance is ok but nothing special, Bowery is the edge of chinatown so you don't get the "watches, watches, bags bags" while on the road itself as soon as you're off the road the area leaves a lot to be desired and I would suggest only breathing through your mouth especially on a morning! There were discarded pigs legs, fish and rubbish strewn in the road right outside to hotel! There's a subway station a couple of minutes away though which is good.

The hotel checked us in quickly and we went up to our room on the second floor. This floor has a balcony outside the glass door in the room which is shared with all other floors so you can't open your curtains as there's always someone strolling by! The door had some tape on the edge of it I assume this was to stop the draft coming in but it didn't work as it was freezing on a night on that side of the bed. The room is a good size and has a fridge, large tv and coffee making facilities. The bathroom is good too but the fact you can see others showering when in the bedroom is massively offputting - perfect for a peeping tom! The shower was hot and powerful but the fixings were loose and the shower tray rusting, the shower also makes a screaming noise when running which I'm sure our neighbours didn't appreciate at 6am (we were in room 204 if you want to look at fixing that). The housekeeper did a great job of keeping the place clean and tidy, the main problem I had is that whenever we were in the room we were getting bitten by something which was leaving large red lumps on our arms, legs and bodies, we never saw what was causing it but it was definitely only when in the room.

The rooftop bar has amazing views BUT the music is too loud, like ridiculously so. So much that you genuinely can't hear the person sat next to you and it stopped us going up again after the second visit. The bar underneath is also very loud - I'm writing this draft while on night 4 of the 5 night stay and I genuinely cannot sleep due to the noise from downstairs and the noise from the road too, I'm dreading tomorrow as it's our last night and we need to be up at 3am for the airport. The lifts are also just full of people going up to floor 18 making it harder to get to your room. Also, we asked the receptionist where we could buy some water for the room and we're sent into the hotel shop where we got charged $4 for a small bottle. The Hong Kong supermarket over the road do a large bottle for under $2.

In summary - I'm genuinely confused as to what this hotel is aiming itself at as it seems nice but the uncomfortably loud music and number of visitors who don't seem to be staying in the hotel are stopping us enjoying the hotel for what we booked it for - relaxing and sleeping. That, coupled with the bites from whatever is feasting on us mean that on our next visit to New York we wouldn't consider this hotel again which is a shame as it could offer guests so much more by way of being a hotel rather than a nightclub.

It was difficult to choose between 2 and 3 out of 5 for this hotel but I went for 3 as the description of 'average' is about right for what is on offer as a hotel meant for sleeping in and relaxing in.

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
3  Thank littlepoppy

Thank you very much for taking the time to review our hotel. I have noted your comments and I will pass them on to our executive team as we are always working towards excellent service. We hope to see you again soon!

Reviewed September 10, 2017 via mobile

We have enjoyed 7 nights at Wyndham Garden Chinatown. Room 1604 had an amazing view uptown so we never felt as though we were missing anything.
Room had everything we needed and bathroom great (with same view).
Staff all really helpful especially Emily at foh.
Hotel is minutes fron subway and we loved being so close to chinatown little italy soho nolita. An easy walk to Brooklyn and Manhatten bridges and ols seaport.
Subway gave us everywhere else in minutes with aircon! Photos all taken from 1604

Stayed: September 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Julie P

Reviewed September 10, 2017

Getting away form Times Square is a blessing. Decided to check out lower Manhattan this time. This hotel is decent. We all know NYC is terribly expensive, noisy, dirty and crowded. I wanted more cultural experiences rather than the time square/disney experience. Chinatown is perfect, steps from Little Italy and Soho.

Arrival at the hotel was shaky. Was stuck in the elevator, because the button to 10th fl was stuck and had to go to 11th fl. and walk down. Rescued by a security guard. I avoided that elevator on the return.
Key didn’t always work for 1st, 2nd try in the other elevator either.

it's midnight and I'm hungry. NO room service but Highland Deli delivers. Got a burger and fries. Good flavor however, no salt or ketchup provided so everything was a dry, dry, dry. Make sure you request it if you order.

My room is good., nice view, small and clean(mostly) something weird on my sheets. NO counter space for my cosmetics in the bathroom, that’s a HUGE pain. Put some of my things on the toilet seat to get dressed. The mattress is encased and therefore bedbugs are not an issue.:-)

The closet is a problem too. it's a half closet and my clothes can’t hang without hitting the bottom and getting wrinkled. So I use the
Bathroom hook. Why the bar is so low I don’t understand. No dresser drawers either.

No tub in 1001, but good city view. The shower has a weird design, only half a glass and the water spills onto the floor under the sink after showering. So the floor is wet, not great while you are trying to get dressed.

Fridge works, but it’s not turned on, you must open the door and dial the number up before it gets cold..

Windows don’t open. Small rooftop lounge for drinks. Cosy restaurant below, but it was closed.

You have to pay $3.50/bag after you check out and want them to hold your bags☹ Also, 1st water in your room is free, then they charge $3.00/bottle afterwards. Take a trip to the market across the street and stock up for .69/bottle

Room Tip: balcony room are $80/night extra
  • Stayed: September 2017, traveled solo