“Best VN food I've had in NYC”

Sao Mai Vietnamese Cuisine
Ranked #3,209 of 16,093 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: Vietnamese
Neighborhood: East Village
Neighborhood: East Village
Reviewed 1 January 2017 via mobile

Not only is the best phở I've had in NYC, the menu is extensive and offers many vegetarian options. We usually go for brunch on Sundays, and the place is busy but we haven't had to wait. The staff is friendly and the price is right. I have recommended it so many times.

Date of visit: December 2016

Reviewed 29 November 2016

If you are looking for the best Pho in NYC, look no further than Sao Mai. The House Special Pho is filled with 3 different meats, noodles and veggies.

Date of visit: November 2016
Reviewed 24 July 2016 via mobile

My boyfriend found this small place in Thrillist as one of the top 10 best Pho in the city.

Service was fast.

Appetizer came out within 5 minutes.

Their house special Pho was awesome. It cured my hangover.

Date of visit: July 2016
Reviewed 13 June 2016

We dined here for a quick dinner. Two of the party ordered the pho-- vegetarian and steak pho. I ordered the lemon grass chicken rice plate. The prices were very reasonable-- for three people about $30 (no beverages). My chicken dish was below average compared to other Vietnamese restaurants with the same dish, mainly because of the quality of the chicken. Very thin pieces- not sure it was fresh chicken-

The place if popular but the service is good. Stick with the pho.

Date of visit: June 2016
Reviewed 6 June 2016 via mobile

Best spring rolls we have had. Chicken Curry was delicious. Great service for how busy restaurant was. My wife got chicken mushrooms and loved it.

Date of visit: June 2016