“Great spot for breakfast”
Review of City Diner

City Diner
Ranked #3,594 of 16,024 Restaurants in New York City
Cuisines: American
Dining options: Late Night
Neighborhood: Upper West Side
Reviewed 21 November 2017 via mobile

Stopped in for an earlier Sunday breakfast - got progressively busier as we were there. Service was quick - omelette and eggs were good as were the bagels. Great place to stop for a bite!

Date of visit: November 2017

Reviewed 21 October 2017 via mobile

Chocolate mousse pie, vanilla milk shake and iced cappuccino. We didn't try any food items besides these. Other customers had dinner and lunch items. They smelled and looked good, but I can't speak to the taste. The iced cappuccino was unsweetened which I appreciated. The vanilla milk shake was good and the mouse pie was multi faceted. Well priced, convenient 24 hour diner. Service/staff was nice as well.

Date of visit: October 2017
Reviewed 27 September 2017

With an interesting Art Deco setting/décor and minimal noise from other customers, this diner may be as good as any on the Upper Westside. Both my friend and I ordered omelets and enjoyed them (mine was a great combo of nova and onions); the accompanying potatoes were quite good as well. The server was attentive and the food arrived promptly. Was it outstanding? No; I don't think ANY diner experience is "outstanding" but certainly it was very good!

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 15 September 2017

I have been going here for about 35 years, and its still my favorite place to dine. Large selection of food with very generous portions, nice comfortable atmosphere with a nice staff. My favorite person is Joan, a very delightful lady who not only is very friendly, but always gives great advice on food choices. Stop by give it a try, and please say hi to Joan.

Date of visit: September 2017
Reviewed 18 July 2017 via mobile

It is open 24/7. Great for a late night meal.
Full menu available.
The waiter seemed distracted. He was forgetful. Maybe he was tired, it was really late. He was pleasant.

Old fashioned Diner. Have a 30s look, Art Decor
I got the CD Burger deluxe. Burger, caramelized onions, cheese. The fries golden and crispy.
It was a huge burger. I ate 1/2 of the burger and took home the rest. Nice lunch the next day.

I will return.