“They don't understand force major”
Review of Belnord Hotel

Belnord Hotel
Ranked #300 of 470 Hotels in New York City
Reviewed September 9, 2017

I live in Houston and my trip was scheduled for August 30 it was exactly the week that we had a hurricane Harvey here in Houston. Because of the hurricane my flight was canceled not one but two times I try to buy tickets to fly another day even knowing that I was losing one or two days in New York but it was impossible because the airports were closed and It was not possible to complete the purchasing even through here through Expedia. I was not able to drive to Dallas or Austin to try to get a plane from there because I live in the area here in Houston that was completely flooded so unless I had a boat to go out of my house I could not leave my house we had 3 to 4 feet of water in the street. So I received back my refund for my plane ticket, I received back a refund from a ticket (non refundable)festival that I bought to go in New York . But Expedia wasn't able to give me a reply saying that I would receive my refund from the hotel, not even partial refund or not even a credit to go in and either weekend. it was the first major situation it was a hurricane I was locked inside my house and I have nothing as a possibility to go out I did not cancel my trip my airline cancel my trip because of the hurricane so the minimum that I was hoping from up hotel expensive like this one is understanding the situation and help me to receive something back because this was not cheap. So yes I am extremely disappointed.

Room Tip: Just don't try to cancel if you have a hurricane in your City.
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Write a ReviewReviews (1,362)

Reviewed September 6, 2017 via mobile

The location is perfect. Really close to the Central park and the main attractions. Rooms is not big but equipped with all necessary things. They have no one cafe but around you can find a lot of it. The staff is friendly and like to help.

Stayed: July 2017, traveled as a couple
Reviewed September 2, 2017 via mobile

I picked up friends from this hotel. There are 2 staircase into the hotel. Initial observations, it was recently painted.
Room was small, limited space for suitcase. Closet, reminded me of school locker. Shower and toilet in one are, very small.
Location, 87th street, near Broadway, one Street from the 86th street Subway (train) station, the M104 bus, and the M86 crosstown bus. Within walking to the Museum of Natural History on Central Park West.

Stayed: August 2017, traveled with friends
Reviewed August 31, 2017

Bad: The hotel is on a busy street so sleeping after 8.00 was difficult due to noise from construction and transport. Air conditioning in the hotel corridors made the temperature really, really cold. The personnel was not smiling and not very friendly.

Good: Free coffee/tea, free water, free wifi. Safe in the room. Good and free room service. Good spacious shower. Good television. Very clean.

• Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Liubov L
Reviewed August 22, 2017

I have travelled for business and pleasure for over 30 years,both in the USA and internationally.The room in the Belnord the past 4 nights was by far,the smallest i have ever stayed in!!!It was soo small that we had to turn sideways to get around the bed.Seriously!!!
For small,the bathroom out did the bed room.The sink was tiny and to spit out my mouth wash,i had to turn my head sideways,otherwise it would hit the floor.Crazy!!
The only thing the Belnord has going for it is: it was very clean and its location on the West Side near the 86th st station.
If you have to pay more for a room,i would suggest you do it,because there rooms are dreadfully small

Room Tip: all rooms are small.Go some place else
  • Stayed: August 2017, traveled as a couple